chapter 03

Devpur., A small town near udaipur and Madhavgarh. The town is know for its simplicity. The people here are mostly farmers, or do some small activities to earn their living. They lead a very simple life. Dont have much contact with outside world, only those who go out of the town for their trade know what's happening around them. There was a small orphanage at the outskirts of the Devpur. Surrounded with beautiful greeneries, the orphanage was named Ashiyan.. there were around 15 children living there with the owner of orphanage Sunaina. She was a lady in her 50's. Sweet, simple and caring. The orphanage was formed by her mother, and now she is handling it. 3 years ago a member joined her orphanage, a beautiful innocent girl, new in town ,unknown to her past. It was her innocence that attracted Sunaina towards her and she decided to help that girl by giving her a job in Aashiyan. Now she have become a inseparable member of Aasiyan. Kids adored her, she was their star thats why their all call her Tara.

Sunaina- I knew i will find you here Tara. What are you doing here at this time..

Tara - just thinking about..

Sunaina- about your past..

Tara looked at Sunaina. She just nodded her head. Sunaina sighs.

Sunaina- Tara, i have told you so many times, its not good for you and your health. Dont force yourself to remember which your mind have forgotten. I know you have so many questions, about your identity about your past.

Tara- About my family.. Sunaina di, from past 3 years,  i am living here as your sister, as Tara. But what about my actual family. Are they not worried about me, had they tried to find me. I don't remember anything. All I remember was that hospital where you found me. Who I am ...

Sunaina- You are Tara. Our Tara. Tara belive in god. If they have send you here to us it will be done for some good. If its in your destiny to meet your family or your past you will one day. But till then remember this is your family, we are your family . And dont you dare to take any stress upon yourselves. You know na your bodyguard will not  gonna leave us.. 

Tara laughed out loud hearing about him....

Tara- why the way where is he. I havent seen him since morning..

Sunaina- well , well ,well someone told him yesterday, that she wanted to eat ice cream. So he went to fulfill her demand.. after all her demand is his command..

Tara again shook her head and smile..

Everyone was present in Vardhan's room. Today a well known neurologist have come to check him and his progress. In these 3 years only for a brief moment vardhan had moved his finger. That was 2 years ago, since then he made no improvement.

Doctor-I am afraid Mr.Prithvi Randhawa, but the news is not good.

Siya holds Vivan hand tightly, this was the thing she was dreading about. Prithvi closes his eyes knowing very well what doctor is going to say. Veer and Nandini were standing with their emotionless face.. Pakhi was sitting beside Vardhan.. her heart dropped hearing about bad news.. 

Veer- what bad news..
Veer asked in no nonsense tone.

Doctor- there are very less chances that Mr.Vardhan Randhawa will ever open his eyes. In these 2 years we haven't seen any sort of improvement in him. Frankly speaking what me and my team think is that its time you all should free him from his suffering. We had tried everything, but before his situation worsen i think you all should... i hope you understand.

Veer just nodded his head and asked him to leave. A tear dropped from Pakhi's eyes. She looked at everyone, no one utter a single word. She knew that everyon agreed what doctor just told them. 

Pakhi- Maa you.. you are not thinking of taking Vardhan away from me right....

Nandini looked at Pakhi, the girl sitting in front of her was not that old Pakhi whom she first met. The girl sitting here was broken,  and helpless. Today again she had to take a tough decision. Decison of allowing Pakhi to  hold on the hope that might never get fulfill or make her free from all this pain and suffering and give a chance to live. In these 3 years Pakhi had forgotten to smile, her life revolves around Vardhan only. What if just like Vardhan she also get a second chance in love. But for that Pakhi need to let go of Vardhan's hand..
Nandini knew what she need to do.

Nandini- I think doctor already told what needed to done..

Hearing this siya fall on knees.. vivan also sat beside her holding her, giving her support although he too was shocked from his mother's decision. Veer and Prithvi knew why Nandini took this decision.
Pakhi shook her head, shocked would be an understatement, she never thought that Nandini would agree to it.

Pakhi- Maa no please dont take him away from me please.. dad, bhai.. i wont allow you do that.. he is my husband its my right to decide.

Nandini- what you want Pakhi, to let my son suffer throught his life like this haan, its been 3 years , from past 3  years he had been lying there like a corpse. It hurts us to see him like that. Everyone here have accepted the fact that our Vardhan is gone except you Pakhi and for you we all have to see him suffer each day. Don't be selfish Pakhi, let him go for god sake. Your love is making him a prison in this world let my son be free let him go... please i begging you stop this. Saying this she left from there..

Nandini closed the door of her room, and breakdown she knew what she said to Pakhi was so insensitive but she had to do that, for her, for her daughter so that she could move on in her life.. Vardhan will never come back.. his son has gone..  but now she cant let Pakhi destroy her life like this.. Nandini cried out loud...

Prithvi- Pakhi, i know bache that you want to still keep that hope we all want but its the 6th doctor who had given the same report. Its not easy for any of us to let him go but we have to.  For him for us.. you have to move on , we all have to move on, we cannot cling on this hope forever beta. Saying this prithvi also left the room..

Veer didnt said anything but his silence told Pakhi that he too want the same thing.. siya was crying , vivan was looking at his brother..  soon he too left the room. Siya moved towards Pakhi, she hugged her tightly.

Siya- no one can love him like you did Pakhi , no one.. saying this siya left the room.. only veer and Pakhi were there, pakhi looked at Veer, pleading him to stop everyone doing this.

Veer- Pakhu , hold on to him.

Saying this he left from there. Veer knows what it feel to see your love die in front of your eyes. He dont want Pakhi to face that, atleast Vardhan is infront of her eyes. But what Nandini did, he know her reason, she was not wrong in her place. It is complicated but when was love ever easy.

Pakhi fell with a thud, all her hopes died today. She looked at Vardhan.. his face was calm, and  soothing..

Pakhi- dont leave me Vardhan please dont leave your Pakhi, what will i  do without you Vardhan. They think that i can move on, i can love someone else but they dont know that my heart, my soul only belongs to you, i cannot give your place to anyone . I cannot love anyone else other than you Vardhan. Please dont do this to me, please come back pleasee...

Her hope died today, there was nothing left to save now. Her vardhan left her alone in this world. This time she have given up. Her strength, her courage all died down. Nothing is left for her nothing.