Burning Tears

"Sang, baby?" said a familiar voice, hands were gently brushing my cheek. 

My heart sped. Had I slept in? Was Mom upset with me? Who was touching me? My eyes flickered open, I rolled off the bed, and stayed on my knees. staring at the floor I whispered, "I'm sorry". I didn't know what I did this time, but it's best to apologize anyways. A sharp pang hit all over my body, lasting on my ribs, head, and hips. I winced in pain. 

"Easy there." A different, but calm voice reassured. Relief fell over me as I saw Kota and not my mom. He held his hands out so I could see them, "I'm going to put my arms around you to sit you back down on the bed, is that okay?". I nodded. I was set beside North. My cheeks flushed as I realized what he called me while I was waking up. Did friends do that? I should think of one for him. 

"Do you remember what happened?". I thought back to when I got here. Wait, how did I get in Kota's bedroom? The memories came flooding back and small tears crept down my cheek. Was it worse that when my own mother would beat me, I was fine with it. but, when an unknown man touched me, I couldn't handle it. Kota told me they were driving home and noticed Greg forcing me with him, so they followed. The black car was them! I explained everything that happened to North, Kota, and Gabriel. North's fists were clenched the entire time, Kota's eyes held understanding, and Gabriel's face showed disgust. I knew why they were disturbed. I should have known better or fought harder.  

"I'm sorry" I confessed. 

"For what?" Kota questioned. 

"I was so stupid. It's the first day of school and I already attracted drama. I let you guys down. You've been trying to get a moment alone with me all day. You tried helping me. I... I'm just so tired of messing up all the time-"

"Stop." North was angry, "You just flew hard on cement and got sexually assaulted a few hours ago, and you're sorry?" 

"... Is that wrong? I dragged you into this and worried you." My breathing hitched.

"Sang," His voice softened. His eyes spoke what he couldn't and he wrapped his strong arms around me. I liked hugs, from North at least.

Gabriel shined a flashlight in my eyes, examining them for signs of a concussion. The bleeding on my scalp had stopped, but just to be sure he said someone would have to check on me tomorrow, preferably Doctor Green. Kota asked where it hurt and I lied, saying it was just my head. I didn't want them focusing on me anymore. They were driving me home a few hours after dinner time. Kota drove, I sat on North's lap, and Gabriel sat beside me clasping his hand to mine. I glanced at the radio, 7:35pm. The blood drained from my face as I realized my father would just be getting home. I needed to walk the rest of the way, he couldn't see me with them. 

"Stop! Pull over, please!" I urged. 

Kota stopped the car and moved to face me, "What's wrong?" 

"... It feels like a nice day to walk. I'm good here." I said, opening the door. 

North's hand met mine on the handle, "I can walk with you."

"Don't want any other sleezeballs touching you." Gabriel added. 

"No, no I'm fine. It's fine." I flashed a small grin attempting to hide my worries.

"Okay, be safe. We've still got lots to talk about. We're not forgetting, Sang."

I was in pain the whole walk home, but it was better than what my Mother might do to me if she found out I had been out with three boys. I entered to find my mom in my bedroom, she turned, "sang." She held a dangerous tone. "Where have you been?"

"I went for a walk." That wasn't a total lie. 

"Marie said you left the bus with a boy, who?"

"I'm sorry." my voice barely made it to a whisper. "Mom, I didn't want to. He-"

"Don't. Lie. To. Me. Sang." She emphasized every word. I stopped talking, no matter what I said, she wouldn't believe me. Wasn't a mother meant to be caring and sensitive toward these things? I had read how a mom was meant to hug you when you cry. In my life, my mother was the one who made me cry. "come". I followed her to the bathroom, she flicked the on button to the hair curler. "I knew you were a slut! Sneaking around with boys, how long has this been going on? Sang, the world isn't safe. Why can't you just listen to me?" My mother's lecture lasted until the iron reached the highest degree it possibly could. 

No. She wouldn't. Would she? Mother grabbed the curling wand and demanded I get to my knees. She gripped my right arm and pressed the heat to my skin, I tried flinching and pulling away but that only made the burn spread. 

"Please Mom, it burns!" I cried, hoping it would make a difference this time.