Inflicted Pain

"Get over yourself. You're lucky I'm making it even. Give me your other arm." Mom responded. 

I obeyed, my mother dragged me from my knees to my bedroom and slammed the door. I was left alone with burning wrists and tears. I do not know how much time passed, eventually, light taps sounded from my window. I didn't move. I was sprawled out on the floor, the pain wouldn't stop. It only got worse. Silas's head peaked into my bedroom, he opened the window and I swore he almost broke it off. 

"Aggele Mou" He ran his fingers through his hair. What did that mean? He spoke another language? He scooped me up, bringing my arms together and I cried harder as my wrists rubbed against the fabric of my shirt. 

"Sang, if you don't stop crying I'll come up there and add more to your arms!" My mother bellowed. 

My eyes widened, for a moment the burning stopped. All I could think about now was that, there was no protecting Silas. He knew. I had to keep one thing from the boys and I failed. The scar on my leg was a constant reminder, more like a fact. I was a failure. We laid on my bed, as I broke down in his arms silently. He whispered to me, but I did not hear what he said. The threat my Mother yelled must have registered in his mind because once I could finally breathe, he gently traced from my elbow to my forearm, turning it over to reveal the burns. He stood up, although I pleaded with my eyes, he left my bedroom door. This was it. My mother would find him, who knows what would happen when she did. I feared for Silas every second he was gone. He came back with a cold cloth and gently padded it on my burns. At first it hurt, but after, it began to work. A white tube of cream came from his back pocket. "I'm going to touch your wrists, but this will help." he softly warned. 

Silas ended up texting the others letting them know we had to have a group meeting tomorrow, as soon as possible. I protested, but Silas didn't listen. That cream was sent from heaven, it truly worked. Hours had passed and my mother hadn't checked on me again. I didn't think she was going to for quite awhile. Silas slid an arm around my waist, touching the tender spot on my ribs and I inhaled sharply. 

"Sang, tell me where it hurts. I don't want to keep hurting you." His lips brushed my hair.

"Greg... He... My back" That was all I could get out. I realized I hadn't told Silas about Greg, but he nodded in understanding. Kota must have explained it to him. Is that why he came? To check up on me? Silas turned me around slowly. His warm hands felt safe. For the first time, I honestly desired touch. I hadn't known someone could be held in such a soothing way. I hesitated, but lifted the back of my shirt up to meet my shoulder blade, keeping my front covered. Insecurity swept over me as I realized how exposed I was. Silas dug his fingers under my bra strap, gently pulling it down to take a better look at where Greg had hurt me. 

"Doesn't look broken. It'll heal as fast as you can say 'Silas is going to kill that mother fucker'" I knew he was serious, but I laughed anyways.