2~ Hugs and Kisses?

Kabir's POV

Kabir's POV

Knock...knock

My hand stilled at its place after knocking on the glass door and the sound of permission made me enter with firm steps. After seeing her yesterday I couldn't sleep properly all night. I couldn't believe that she was no more just a dream or an image of my mind. She was there in front of me in reality. I was eager to see her again, hear her voice again and feel her presence. As soon as I saw her standing near the huge window that elaborated the bustling streets of London, my mind went back to the time when she started working for me as my assistant.

******

I was walking through my silent floor with the sound of my boots being the only source of the noise. I liked it this way. This floor had a limited number of offices but I still found it crowded. Many officials that are considered important were given a place on this floor and though I found it useless I let it be. Suddenly I bumped into a soft petite thing and my hands automatically wrapped around her waist. I was well versed with the habits of the figure standing in my arms with closed eyes.

She is my wife for heaven's sake.

Her sweet scent was something that was always floating in my kitchen and lingering around in almost every corner of the house except my private space. Our relationship was not as simple as it looked but anyway. My attention went to the wrapper that landed on the floor after our collision.

Oh no!

She slowly opened her beautiful eyes and stood straight averting her gaze instantly.

"I apologize, sir," she said and stood at a safe distance from me. I gave a nod. I knew that as soon as her eyes would land on the things that fell she would forget about everything else. She looked around and instantly knelt beside it. She picked it up with utmost concern and dusted it with her hands. I could see the frown lines on her face and hear the almost inaudible curses that she was blurting out.

She got up and caressed it as if it was a baby. WHAT THE HELL!

It was just a CHOCOLATE for crying out loud. I was amazed that she did not start crying just yet. I heard something like

'Poor thing. May your soul rest in peace. I feel sorry for you'

I will go nuts if I stand here.

She kept it in her purse and professionally smiled at me. I went past her before she could open her mouth. Exactly 10 minutes later, a knock resonated in my office. I permitted her to enter and she stumbled inside. She and her clumsiness.

"Good Morning Sir!" she wished. I continued doing my work and gave a nod.

"Sir, should I recite your schedule for the day?" she asked.

"Do you have any other work than that over here? Don't ask silly things and start with your work" I said harshly. She did not say anything and started reciting my schedule.