30 ~ The truth of that night (2)

I swear I don't know what I wrote *nervously hiding away in some corner to hide from your glares*

Do come back here and tell me if it was worth it *puppy eyes*

*Unedited*

✨लफ़्ज़ चाह कर भी हमारे इश्क़ की गवाही नहीं दे सकते। 

सीने में सौ ज़ख़्म क़बूल है पर हम आपकी जुदाई नहीं सह सकते✨

(My words would never be enough to give a testimony of my love for you

I am capable of bearing a thousand wounds but I am incapable of breathing without you)

Author's POV

"I still remember the conversation with the two most commanding women of all times back then," Meera said before narrating the conversation from the past, remembering the scenario in her head.

'You do not fall in love with a man like Kabir' These were the words of Shyla Maan when she called me after her last session with Kabir regarding his depression treatment. Her words shocked me, but I listened quietly, waiting for her to complete.

'You should never ever fall in love with men like Kabir,' she repeated more softly as if she were in an inevitable trance.

'Why?' I asked, reeling with the fact that just like the world, maybe she misunderstood my man too.

'Because they make you doubt your ability to reciprocate the depth of their love,' she said, making tears gather in my eyes. I felt too overwhelmed to respond. I closed my eyes feeling my heartbeat praying for him with all my being. Her every word was true because I don't think I'd ever get a man who loves me like him. Our love was like a puzzle that fits perfectly into hearts only when we both were mingled together.

'Meera, he is still where you left him. The last question I asked him before leaving was, "What is your purpose behind healing?"

"When I finally have her in my arms, I don't want her warmth to question me if being addicted to it was the reason behind my pain," he answered. How can you even leave that man Meera? Which sins is he paying for?' she asked as her own eyes couldn't stop watering seeing his love for her. I couldn't answer.

'I'll talk to you later,' I managed to utter, unlike the time when Aditya begged me to return, but my clogged throat wouldn't let me reply.

'No! Listen, his depression was medication-induced. It wasn't clinical. I didn't want to tell you before I managed to get the drug out of his system and normalize him," Shock coursed through me as I heard her words. I gritted as I realized the true culprit behind his state. I knew my husband would never be weak enough to succumb to such a disease. She had to be the reason behind his pain and mind me Mrs. mastermind you would pay for every damn ache my husband went through.