14 ~ Do you still love him?

This is my hug day gift to you all.  I hope you guys enjoy reading and yes for a special Valentine's update drop inline comments. 

Meera's POV

Meera's POV

"M... Meera" Veronica Raichand stuttered. She is my favorite lady. The only person I would wish to meet again from that family.

"Yup, the one and only," I confirmed.

"Beta (child), where are you? I have been longing to hear from you. I know the day you left us you said that you don't wish to get in touch with us ever, but even after your every wrong, we are your elders. You should have contacted us once so that we remain assured of your well-being," she cried out. I rolled my eyes while the two men beside me were in another zone.

"Let's get back to the matter of concern, please. You can continue crying after you handle your family properly and stop them from interfering in my life," I said, and I could actually imagine her reaction in my head.

"Stop being so rude," Aditya said, clenching his fist.

"Well, you are in no position to tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't. If you wish to speak, the door is that way. Please leave," I said while I heard Mrs. Veronica Raichand say,

"Adi, what are you doing there? How did you even reach her?"

"Choti Maa, I will tell you everything once I reach home," he said.

"No, come back right away," she ordered.

"Where is Kabir?" she panicked. Expected!

"Standing in my cabin working as my personal assistant," I said, smirking. I wanted to see the reaction of Khyati Raichand at this point. This is interesting.

"WHAT? Kabir, are you there?" she asked.

"Yes, I am, and I am not returning without my wife," he answered sternly. I could sense something was not right between them.

"Kabir, listen..." she was saying when I decided to cut her off.

"Tone it down. Why is your family here? Where the hell did your promise go?" I asked.

"I promised to keep the family united and not let them dwell in your memories, which I have been able to fulfill," she uttered, and I wanted to laugh. Laugh at her face and tell her that she failed brutally and completely. Why would her sons stand in my way if she had kept her word?

"Kabir, Aditya... I want you guys back in India in two days. It's your engagement soon Kabir, and you are pulling all such stunts. You will spoil lives, my dear. Think about your father's reputation" she requested. My eyes shifted to a quiet Kabir whose eyes were busy finding a glimpse of the old me in my present avatar.

"I belong here, Choti Maa. It's her and it will always be her. India is your home, mine is where she is," he said and something twitched inside me. The mess he is getting indulged in won't lead him anywhere. Save your heart, Kabir Raichand. Save your heart from being broken to an extent where you cannot possibly recover.