Autumn Adventure

It's a little colder than you thought. You put on your sweatshirt as soon as you get outside, and walk along the sidewalks to the nearest park. This place you know goes by "the square" because of the square park, surrounded by only the best shops in town.

Killer and Dust both walk next to you, following wherever you're going. Which you're... not exactly sure where that is. After you pass each store, you look at the signs. Something that sounds interesting to you and you think the skeletons would like. Swiftly, you pull out your phone to check the time. It's nearly noon, maybe you should get lunch.

Maybe you can get them lunch! That would be really nice of you. You don't have much, but you love to treat your friends with your own money. When you were younger, you were always proud when you had enough money to get something by yourself.

Just across the street from the candy store, there is a really cute little restaurant. The owners have an autistic daughter who suffered with lots of sensory issues. The menu is stuff that she likes, which you find so adorable and heart melting. You call this place The Better Applebee's. Everything on the menu is something you would eat! Well, almost everything. You don't like seafood.

Once you arrive there, you look back at Dust and Killer. "Do you guys want to have lunch? This place serves the best food ever," you smile and point to the sign that says Strawberry Patch Café. They both seem interested.

"Sure why not, but only if I pay for it. You don't need to waste money on a couple of skeletons," Killer says to you. You felt kind of bad about that, you really wanted to pay for a meal for someone else for once. You've always looked to be "the helpless short poor girl" as a quote from your dad's old girlfriend. She didn't deserve him.

"Are you sure? I can pay for it-"

"No. You had trouble getting your own apartment, I'm not going to let you pay for some probably expensive lunch for three people that could feed you for two weeks on regular supermarket food," Killer looks at Dust. "Besides, Horror would be mad at me if I made you pay heheh."

Dust nodded. You don't know Horror, but he sounds really scarred when it comes to food. He also sounds very cuddly from what Killer's said of him. "Okay... I guess I'll let you pay. I wanted to be nice but I guess you're just too chivalric for me, Killer," You point your finger at the face that's giggling.

"Killer I think you might end up with six partners by the end of lunch," Dust raised a brow bone when both of you stopped giggling and started blushing. Killer looked at Dust and took his hand. Dust smiled when you led them inside.

What an interesting way to end a conversation.

There's a lady at the front when you walk in, and there's nobody in line in front of you. It's not surprising, it's the middle of the day on a Thursday. "Can we please get a table for three, Miss?" You smile at the middle-aged lady and she smiles back.

"Of course sweetheart, it's wonderful to see you again. I see you brought some friends..? With you this time?" She starts walking over to a table where you can sit with Dust and Killer. She looks back at the three of you following her briefly.

"Yep! These are my closest friends. Ki-" You quickly realise his name would be odd in such a peaceful place. You decided not to say it. "One of them wanted to get me some lunch."

"Oh that is so nice of him! Well here's your table you guys, you have a wonderful time," the lady left quickly back to the front.

You look at Killer. "I am so sorry I didn't say your name I just didn't want to frighten her with it," You're almost sure that Killer doesn't mind, but you apologize anyway. "Is there maybe a nickname I could call you while we're in public..?"