Work can be hard

It's snowing outside. The thick blanket of snow covers everything the eye can see, and frankly, you have to go to work. You have to get up. You have to get ready, put on snow gear, and go to work. You haven't earned enough money to keep a car. You work a block away, it won't be hard to get there. Unless there's a foot of snow outside.

A big coat. You have always liked wearing big clothes, it hides your body. Nobody needs to know how you look, even if it means they think you're insecure about it. It also keeps you really warm! Which is just a bonus to the already amazing thing you wear. You throw a warm purple scarf over your shoulder. Your mother made it for you, something you can tell her love for you was put into.

No matter how rude and mean your mother can be, you remember that she's trying her best. Trying to be the best mother she can be.

You walked out the door with a smile on your face and hot chocolate in your hands. It was nice and warm, heating your hands up. You walked out of your apartment, locking the door behind you. The trek began. Once you opened the door to your apartment complex, the crisp and cool air hit your face.

Somehow, it wasn't windy. You find that nice. Cold and wind is not your favorite weather combo. Especially for walking to work, that is always horrid.

The crunching of snow beneath your feet is sort of soothing in a way. It's satisfying having a sheet of untouched snow crack under the pressure of your feet taking steps.

You hum as you walk along. Noticing how the trees are decorated with icicles and a thin layer of snow on each branch. Winter is always a gorgeous scenery to look at.

You arrive at your work, with not too much exposure to the cold. Walking in, the pleasant smell of freshly baked pastries fill your senses. That's always something you've loved about working here. You don't make pastries and coffee or even tea like anyone else, but you are a waiter. You get to greet people and bring them to their seats. It is kind of hard sometimes, but you manage.

People can be rude, but growing up taught you that you can't get what you want(or in this case, what the restaurant needs) if you don't verbalize it.

Slowly you walk to the back, savoring the sweet warmness of the heaters in the restaurant. There was a cute little blue door separating the restaurant from the employee only area. Most of the place was painted in pastel colors, which is easy on the eyes. That was one thing that drew you in. Being someone who fondly loves art, tones that are soft attract people. Which means you'd probably get more tips as a

waiter who does their best to help the people who come to eat here.

You sit down in one of the chairs in the break room and sigh. No matter how much you love this job, it doesn't stop you from feeling like it's not work. You had to get up at a very early time and get dressed up in a waiter's outfit instead of doodling all day and talking to your favorite group of gay skeleton men. Mostly men. You think. You have no idea, one of them tends to use different pronouns sometimes, but you've been too nervous to ask about it. After all, he is the largest skeleton there. But he is also the kindest of them all you think.

Aaaand your day as a waiter has to start. How fun is today going to be?

Turns out there's a lady visiting the gorgeous Ebott City with her family. As in her seven children and her loud husband. The other waiters put you to the task of dealing with her. Not only is her husband loud, but she is also quite rude herself. What a horrid combo. Her children are quite well behaved though, you notice.

"Alright, I need seven kids menus and two adult menus, thank you," You thought she'd be nice when she said thank you so kindly, but you were wrong. You were so so wrong.