One Shot - CarreraXRimuru

Currently, Rimuru was in a very bad mood because of the recent death of one of his best subordinates— Shuna, who was more of a friend than a subordinate, die a few days ago. The death was not sudden but Rimuru was not ready for this news, his heart was rather fragile when it's come to his close friend. The whole of Tempest was mourning her death the eyes of Tempest citizens are still moist.

Benimaru and all the close friends of Shuna, like Shion and Souei— their condition was the same as their lord. They all have shut themselves in their houses or some are working to the bone to forget the pain, anything that works best for them.

Seeing their lord in pain the close subordinates of Rimuru weren't able to hold themselves and started to cheer up their lord's mood but to no avail.

"Leave!!"

The cold voice of Rimuru rang in the whole room as he released his aura in rage. The pressure created by his aura forced all of them to kneel in front of him, and cold sweat started to pour down from their forehead as they looked at their lord's cold face.

"I will not repeat leave!! I didn't need your help!"

All the subordinates leave Rimuru's room and didn't want to bother their lord even more.

All but one, the most stubborn subordinate of Rimuru.

The yellow primordial— Carrera.

She didn't leave, no she didn't even move from her position. She is still kneeling in front of her lord, her head still facing the ground.

"I said leave!! You aren't of any use to me anymore!"

Rimuru shouted again his voice was full of anger and pain, but she didn't say anything and kept quiet.

In his rage just to scare her a little Rimuru fired a ‘Fire Spell’ the whole room was filled with red, orange, and yellow flames.

Burning brightly, hot enough to melt even the highest tier of ‘God-level’ weapons like butter. But even now Carrera didn't move nor did she flinch.

"A life— which is not of any use to my lord is also useless to me... I will keep kneeling here, and give up my life in this fire."

Carrera said with a determined look without any hesitation. A life without any use to her lord that's the only thing that Carrera can't accept no matter the circumstances.

‘This stubborn girl.’ Rimuru thought with a troubled look but deep inside his heart, he is very happy. A spark of liveness again came into his dead eyes.

"Sigh. Carrera you can go... I will summon you later."

Rimuru said with a heavy sigh, unknown to him his mood is already started to change for the better. 

"As you wish my lord."

Felling a little better, that her lord will summon her again she left the room.

After this day Rimuru started to keep an eye on Carrera, he just started to love seeing her. The days passed by like a breeze and the Tempest mood returned to normal, the gloomy streets filled with liveness again.

"Carrera what are you doing?"

Rimuru asked her as he appeared behind her through ‘Teleport’ startling her a little.

"R-Rimuru-Sama, I-I'm just taking a stroll."

Carrera replied with a shy voice, as a small blush crept on her face the reason because Rimuru's face is too close to her face.

"... It's that so? Can I join you?"

Rimuru asked her with a calm and quiet voice as he looked at her with a smile.