Short Story : Storm Crown 11

Smoke was everywhere, the city that was once illuminated in the night now turned into nothing but debris, wrecked with nothing left. The whole area has been ravaged by the fight between the Hero and the Storm Dragon. 

"Absolute Severance." Hinata, who is currently controlling Chloe, muttered under her breath. A cold slash of energy that serves even the space followed out of her sword and directly towards Veldora. 

"Hahaha! Laughable! Are you going to challenge me with only this much strength?" The loud but clear voice of Veldora rang in the air, full of arrogance and pride. 

The slash that cut even space into two halves ceased to exist as it made contact with Veldora's claw. 

"What?! But… How i-is this p-possible?" Even Chloe was a little surprised after seeing that her currently strongest attack did not even leave a scratch on Veldora's body. 

"Hinata-nee, I will fight with him from now on," Chloe said with determined eyes and a serious voice. Unlike Hinata who only has two thousand years of experience, Chloe has countless years of experience. She did not even remember how many times she has traveled in the past but this was the first even for Chloe and Chronoa. 

Hinata had never once struggled against Veldora in the past travels but this time there is something wrong. Something or someone has changed the past, and she has no idea who that person is. 

How strong one has to be able to change the past? Even she— a True Hero with two Hero eggs can barely change the past. 

It's not like she did not want to but rather she can't. There is a limit and a price to change the past even so slightly. 

And here, in front of her stands the abnormality that has destroyed all of her understanding of the laws. 

‘Even if Veldora-San was able to travel in the past, how did he improve this much? I can only travel two thousand years in the past, not to mention the ‘restrictions’ and…’ Chloe greeted her teeth thinking about the worst possibilities. 

‘And even though he changed the past this much nothing really changed.’ Chronoa finished her sentence. 

Chloe was able to travel in Time mainly because of a stroke of luck, her unique skill, and the spirit of time Chronoa, those two are the factors that help Chloe achieve the impossible. 

The ability to leap backward in time. 

Even though she can travel back in time, there is nothing that she can change, every single  change how small it may be needs ‘Soul Energy’ 

How did Veldora do it?

The answer is— Veldora did not. 

There is someone in the background, who is manipulating the whole thing. 

What was that person's goal? 

To kill her? Was her future self so powerful that they needed to resort to such tricks? The only conclusion that Chloe came up with.

There is no one on friendly terms in the future who was powerful enough to do something like this. 

But many enemies were capable of doing it. 

Suddenly a person with silvery-blue hair and golden eyes flashed in Chloe's mind. 

If it was sensei—?! No, it can't be, sensei was strong but not that much.’ Chloe dismissed the thought as fast as it occurred. 

She did not even know if Veldora had just gained power or had memories of the future.  

"So, you are also like me?" Chloe asked in a round-boated manner, she did not know if Veldora was from the future, she just couldn't ask him directly.