Dreams

Happy Harbor, August 3

After the mission in Santa, Prisca Maxi spent his downtime in his room to have some much-needed alone time.

Batman had assigned the team a mission to oversee the transfer of a robot that proved difficult for even the Justice League. He didn't see the need to be a part of it so he came up with a convincing enough lie to stay back.

"Are you sure you don't wanna join us?" M'gann asked just as the team was about to leave.

"Yeah, I'm still a little tired after the last mission but don't worry about me," Maxi said before leaving to return to his room. Closing his bedroom door behind him Maxi flopped onto his bed. 'These dreams are getting out of hand' Maxi thought burying his face into his pillow.

Ever since escaping Cadmus Maxi's been having recurring dreams where he'd find himself in a dark tomb with strange markings covering the walls. Recently his dreams would lead him to a room with a giant statue in the center.

Maxi would always find himself drawn to the giant statue but he didn't know why.  Every time he would touch the statue he could feel the magic energy emitting from it and feel a sense of familiarity.

  Every time he would touch the statue he could feel the magic energy emitting from it and feel a sense of familiarity

Every morning when Maxi woke up, he would grab his journal and try to draw what he saw in his dreams. This allowed him to research what he saw, unfortunately, this left him with more and more questions.

"Red Tornado do you have a minute?" Maxi asked walking in on the android typing on the holographic screen.

"Yes, child?"

"Is there anyone on the Justice League I can talk to about magic?" Maxi asked holding his journal.

"Giovanni Zatara, he is a magician and a member of the league I can try and call him for you."

"Thank you."

After a short period, the holographic screen changed to reveal the magician who was stationed in another city.

"Red Tornado, I'm surprised you called I haven't heard anything that required my expertise," Zatara said with his signature Italian accent.

"I have someone who would like to speak with you," Red Tornado said moving from in front of the teen.

Taking a deep breath Maxi introduced himself to the magician and began to explain his situation.

"I've been having these strange dreams since the Cadmus incident where I find myself wondering a tomb with markings on the walls." After saying that Maxi brought out his journal and showed the magician his drawing of the statue.

"But this is what I wanted to ask you about, do you know anything about this?" Maxi asked with a serious look on his face

For a split second, a look of pure shock ran across the older man's face before returning to a neutral look. "I'm sorry but I have no idea what that is, you'll have to excuse me I'm with my daughter and I have to cut this call short Goodbye," Zatara said before abruptly ending the video call.

"I'm sorry your search yielded no results"

"It's ok probably wasn't important anyway, If you'll excuse me." And with that Maxi slowly walked back to his room leaving the android to return to what he was previously doing.

As the door to his room closed Maxi threw his journal against the wall in anger before breaking out into tears on his bed. While the tears rolled down his face he could hear the sounds of the others returning from their mission.

Quickly wiping the tears off his face Maxi ran to his bathroom mirror to check his appearance before leaving to welcome back his friends.