5

It is your destiny to destroy the world.

Mount Justice, October 5th, 8:00 am

Much time had passed since the night of the fair yet hardly anything had changed. The team had gained two new members, Raquel Ervin aka Rocket Icon's sidekick whose powers come from her inertia belt. By using her belt, she can manipulate kinetic energy, granting some super strength, and a kinetic force field.

Alongside her was Zatanna the daughter of Zatara she joined after her father became the new Doctor Fate. Maxi knew what it was to lose a parent so he and Zatanna quickly became good friends.

The team had just come back from a mission that lasted till the late hours of the evening and they were ready to head in. Once they made it back to the mountain each of them went to their respective rooms for the evening.

Maxi was especially tired since his powers had begun to go awry again causing him to once again end up on the boy wonder's watch list.

Once Maxi had returned to his room he did his nightly routine before he finally went to sleep. The minute his head hit the pillow Maxi was out like a light, since Maxi had his meeting with Klarion his dreams have gotten worse. Every time he went to bed he'd wake up back at Mount Wundagore forced to traverse the dark caves until he awoke the next day.

Tonight however was different, Once Maxi went to sleep he immediately realized he wasn't in his room anymore. Looking around he noticed he was lying on the ground surrounded by flowers with the sun shining on him. This would've been a nice change of scenery if he didn't still feel a chill run down his spine.

"Ah, so you noticed my illusion, you're coming along quite nicely" a deep voice echoed in Maxi's head.

"Enough games Klarion show yourself!" Maxi yelled trying to sound confident even though he was still very much afraid. As he continued to search for the witch boy Maxi sensed something as the air around him grew cold. "I'm afraid you are mistaken, I am not Klarion," said the same voice only this time coming from directly behind Maxi.

Quickly turning around Maxi came face to face with a six-foot-tall man with long slicked-back silver hair. He appeared to be wearing a red suit of armor with a long red cape that flowed in the wind adding to his mystique.

"W-who are you?" Maxi stuttered as the chill down his spine increased tenfold due to the arrival of the strange man. "My story is one too long to tell in the short time we have together, so let's focus not on me but on you," the man said before taking Maxi's chin between his fingers.

"I believe you're wondering about why your powers have seemed to drastically evolve since Cadmus yes?" The man said as he gazed into Maxi's eyes.

"H-how do you know that?" Maxi said as he couldn't help but stare back into the man's red eyes. Too many thoughts were running around in Maxi's head but he knew one thing for certain, this man was bad news.

"I've been watching you for a long time now, I believe you've come across Klarion he's given you my book, hasn't he?" the man said as he let go of Maxi and turned his back to him so he could observe the flowery plains.

"The book...It's yours?" Maxi questioned as his mind shot back to the time Klarion had taken him to Mount Wundagore and had given him the strange book. "Why of course it's mine, you don't believe that a mere child could create something as powerful as my Darkhold do you?" the man said as a cool breeze swept through the field.

"I understand you have questions that the Justice League won't or can't answer but I assure you, I can help you understand your powers far better than the members of the league," he said piquing Maxi's interest.