The Scarlet Witch

Star City, October 6th two minutes before the last broadcast

After the last punch was landed the members of the Justice League breathed a sigh of victory. The Flash flashed a smile to the camera as he threw up a peace sign as Batman turned to leave.

While Superman gave a triumphant smile his superhuman hearing picked up something toward them. Abruptly a blast landed in from of the league knocking them back, being the first one to recover Superman quickly grabbed the reporter and her cameraman and took them to safety.

Immediately after he flew back to the battle and found the cause of the blast. Floating in front of him was Maxi his hand holding a sphere of energy. "Maxi listen I don't want to hurt you stand down and we can talk," Superman ordered trying not to hurt the teen.

"Hurt me?" Maxi questioned as his curly hair lightly blew in the wind. For a split second his eyes softened before turning into a glare "You will never hurt me again!" he screamed as he blasted Superman into the ground knocking out the man of steel.

Right after Maxi turned his attention to the news workers who had a camera pointed at him. With one hand Maxi used his magic to destroy the camera, and with the other, he used his hand to proceed to push them off the building.

Using her quick reflexes Wonder Woman flew and caught the news workers just before they hit the ground. Immediately after she shot forward and charged at Maxi with an Amazonian battle cry.

Surprised by her speed Maxi attempted to shield himself only for him to get punched in the face sending him into a nearby building. "We're not gonna win this fight head on we need to leave now!" Batman ordered as he carried an unconscious Superman on his back.

Once Maxi made his way out of the rubble he searched for the heroes only for them to be gone. "Looks like you had fun," Klarion said coming out of a portal behind Maxi. "But it's time we get serious don't you think?" He asked as his grin grew sinister.

 "But it's time we get serious don't you think?" He asked as his grin grew sinister

Mount Justice, current time

"What the hell just happened?!" Raquel asked breaking the silence. "Someone just blasted the hell out of Superman" she continued before Robin began typing away on the holographic keyboard.

"Just a little more annnnd boom!" Robin said pulling up a zoomed-in frame of the news broadcast. As the image cleared up M'gann gasped as she saw who had attacked Superman. "This doesn't make any sense why would Maxi attack Star City?" Wally asked utterly confused.

"That isn't him" Conner spoke up from behind everyone. "That's not him" he stuttered before he left the room.

 "That's not him" he stuttered before he left the room