Chapter 18: The Weekly Drunken Splurge

"We need a few more chairs at that table!" Prima called out from the cooking counter. While she did her self-designated job of preparing and categorizing the multiple different wines, ales, and beers that she had been mixing for the past few months, she kept an eye on Zelda, who was tasked with preparing the dining area for the anticipated evening. "There could also be more put against that wall and that corner. Come on, quickly, quickly!"

"I understand!" Zelda called out as she rushed out and then back into the room. "You said in that corner, yes?"

"That's the one, set 'em down," Prima responded, turning back to the multiple glasses and mugs that were being set on the counter for quick and easy access.

Thanks to Zelda's efforts, the dining room had been completely overhauled. While usually, it had one simple table with a few chairs, that table had been moved to the side to allow in a few other smaller tables that had been kept in storage. Wooden chairs were also being moved into the room in areas where tables wouldn't fit to accommodate as many people as possible, such as those who would drink by themselves or in pairs, if not in a large group. Gently, Zelda placed the final pair of chairs against a corner before beginning to adjust their placement.

"No need to make anything perfect," Prima called out, listening to the sound of pegs rubbing against the floor. "Trust me, whatever you make look good will surely be ruined. Them being there is good enough."

"I see," Zelda mumbled, choosing to leave her work as it stood.

"You're working hard," Prima said cheerfully. "You always work hard, but you seem different today."

"You think so?" Zelda asked her as she adjusted the tables, unable to keep her perfectionist urges in check.

"You seem more... confident," she continued with a grin. "Especially with how nervous you've been the last couple of days. Something must have happened to put you in such a good mood."

"What? No," Zelda denied as her cheeks tingled and warmed with blush. "Nothing happened. At least, nothing major. I just had a little bit of help learning to balance from Link, that's all. I feel very prepared for tonight."

"Nothing major, hm?" teased Prima with a raised eyebrow. "Your face says otherwise."

"I said nothing happened!" Zelda said loudly as she straightened the chairs to the tables.

"Ah, she's feisty today," Prima said with a grin. "He must've really hit the right spots last night."

"Hit the right spots..." Zelda repeated, trying to understand what her employer was hinting at. Suddenly, the heat in her cheeks turned a fierce red. "He did not! Like I said, he simply helped me learn how to balance, though his methods were a bit... unusual. He... He turned down my offer to..."

Her voice began to trail off as her working hands began to slow down. After a few moments, she looked up to catch Prima's grin before realizing she had spoken that last part out loud.

"A-anyway! Like I said, nothing happened, so..." she continued in a less confident tone.

"I see," Prima nodded. "You know, if you need any tips, I'll happily be able to assist you."

"Tips on what exactly?" Zelda asked suspiciously.

"Getting him to accept that offer," Prima answered, causing her employee to flush with even more color.

"I... I–" Zelda stuttered before the creaking of the inn's double doors echoed through the inn.

"Hello?" a familiar voice called out. "Prima? Zelda? I've returned— with my dashing good looks— for this weekend!"