DREARY PAST: Part 1

TEN YEARS AGO IN ITALY,

Luchese family was one of the most formidable and known mafia family, ever since their only heir Paolo Luchese had taken over the eminence of his late father, and thus became the Boss. The credit for his becoming sovereign and reaching the pinnacle, not only goes to his perspicacious mind, but also to both, the Underboss Ethan Rodriguez and the Capo, Richard Francis of this Luchese family. All the associates were under the control of Paolo. Many mafia families easily accepted their fate, that they won't be able to fight the Luchese family and gladly joined the alliances and pacts offered by the Luchese. But some mafia families were against Paolo ruling the mafia and being called as the 'Mafioso-God'. They rebelled against the ruling of Luchese, and denied the offers of businesses with Paolo.

The vehement soldiers(responsible for 'the dirty work') were recruited by the Underboss into these rival Mafia families. This how they approached the mobsters of the other families and assassinated them, thus bringing them on their knees in front of Paolo. This how the Luchese family was regnant in the Mafia world.

Ethan Rodriguez was a tall, muscular man. He was fair, with brown beard and moustache. His long hair were always tied in a short ponytail. Richard Francis, on the other hand, was a dark muscular man with average height, black hair, without any beard or moustache. Richard, the Capo of the family was trusted more than Ethan because of Ethan's certain bad habits of not following rules, misdemeanors, etc. Richard's ways, his dealing with businesses were par excellence. Ever since he became the Capo of Luchese family, there have been massive profits in all the pursuits like drug trafficking( they were basically ruling the cartel), weapon dealing, smuggling, counterfeiting, real estate and constructions. He has been the most trustworthy person to the Boss, unlike Ethan, though he was the Underboss. He seemed to follow all the commands given by the Boss, but unnecessarily harmed the weak which was unacceptable. He was advised to mend his ways, to which, he accepted reluctantly.

Richard Francis, though he worked for Mafia and already knew how his fate would end, he still had a silver lining of him. This side focussed towards his family and his principles of not harming women and children, even though he had to lead the mobsters for money laundering. This led to various people getting aggravatedly assaulted and sometimes even led to deaths when things went out of his hands. He had an adorable daughter. His wife had already died after giving birth to his daughter. So, his daughter was the only family to him. He was a loving father who loved his daughter dearly. Whenever he used to get some time, he would go to spend time with her.

Consigliere of Luchese family was Marco. He was a faithful man to the Boss. One night, he entered the vestibule . The golden and blue curtains covered the windows and the golden chandelier lit up the vestibule. There sat Ethan Rodriguez on a comfortable couch, with a bottle of champagne kept on the table. "Consigliere, Ciao! Come strai?!", greeted Ethan. "Why you wanted to see me?", asked Marco. Ethan smirked and said, "Oh, come on Mr. Consigliere, I'll just like to drink a glass of champagne with you!" "I can sense what you are upto these days, so just tell me what's your business?", said Marco in his usual grave tone. Ethan smirked again holding the glass, "You do know me well Marco!"