WHAT'S INSIDE?

Claire was sitting in her study. Her mind was occupied with the thoughts of her interaction with Noah in the hall, a few hours ago. But those thoughts were intervened by the ringing of her cell phone. Claire noticed the screen of her cell phone. It was an unknown number. She received the call and said, "Hello?" There was no answer from the other end. She again said, "Hello! Who's this?" Still there was no response. And, suddenly the call got disconnected. As soon as the call got disconnected, Claire received a message. The message was from the same number. It was a photo of her father, Richard, along with two other men. Claire wasn't able to believe what her eyes just saw. Her father wasn't in his ordinary clothes but was in the uniform of a cop! The other men with him were also in the same uniform. Claire's mind was filled with all kinds of thoughts like, was her father undercover, or if something might happened that her father had to join the mafia, did Ethan know?, Is there something more into her father's death that has been missing till now, or maybe the photo is morphed, and most importantly, who sent this message? All sorts of questions popped up inside her mind, as she was filled with a moment of disbelief!

Luca entered and said, "Boss! We have found something on Emilio's cell phone. (FLASHBACK- After Emilio's death, his cell phone was captured by Claire's henchmen). Claire didn't respond at first as her mind was pondering over the questions that have been going on in her mind after seeing the message. Luca asked her again, "Boss?!" . Claire's mind then returned from its aimless meandering, and she responded, "Yes Luca?" He replied, " Boss, we have got some information from Emilio's cell phone!" Claire said praisingly, "Great! I hope now we can get some information on Ethan's whereabouts." They both then exit the study. On her way, Claire's mind was still stuck on the photo of her father. But, she decided to refocus on Ethan right now, though that message from the unknown number had disturbed her a lot.

They both exited the lobby from another back door located far from the main entrance. That area was a backyard. As they walked through that backyard on the cobblestone paths, in front of them was an inconspicuous oak panelled wall including the hidden door which required biometrics for its opening. That door could only be opened by Claire's retina and voice. After both her retina and voice had been verified, they stepped through the concealed entrance into a dimly-lit high ceilinged chamber. In the centre of the room stood a desk with a computer system. On that system already sat a tech expert, who worked for Claire. He also had a different access to the room. On reaching beside him, Claire asked him, "Yes John! What did you find in Emilio's cell phone?" John had a youthful demeanour.  His dark hair, often slightly disheveled, fell in unruly waves around his ears. He wore a pair of stylish, rectangular glasses that gave him an intellectual air. He replied to Claire's question without any hesitation, " Boss, I found out that the last call by him was done to Ethan Rodriguez!" Claire then asked, " So, did you locate him?" John replied, a little hesitant this time, " Boss...the problem is that it was a burner phone which Ethan had been using, so I was unable to trace his location! Sorry Boss!" Claire was too frustated about not been able to know about Ethan's location. She stormed out of the backyard, back to her study.

After reaching the room, she took a few moments before she opened the drawer beside her table and took out that envelope which she had gotten from the safe of Emilio, the thing that Ethan so desperately wanted safe! Claire opened the envelope and found a page with a list of certain names. They were the names of kids' stuffs. Each different stuff in the list had a certain code number written in front of them. The names of these stuff and the code were arranged in the form of rows and columns. Claire got confused at first, but then she realised there was another page as well in the envelop. She unfolded that page. It included another list  of same type of codes and in front of those codes were mentioned the names of varieties of illegal stuff. While reading those codes, she thought something to be odd! She started comparing the codes of both the pages quite attentively. After few hours of brainstorming, Claire found out that the codes were written in the form of cipher system. Being in Mafia and having worked with David Cleveland, she knew about the cipher system, moreover, her IQ had always been impressive. Claire immediately realised that Emilio is trying to sell these illegal weapons in the disguise of the children's stuff. But to whom?, that was the question! She had already realised that this cipher system was the way of communication with that organisation to whom he is going to supply the stuff. That illegal stuff mentioned in the list included types of assault weapons, handguns, firearms, gasoline, explosives like bombs, grenades, names of various models of guns used in Mafia. Even various types of drugs were also included in the list. While thinking about all this, her eyes caught the attention of a glimpse of a logo, which was lightly but not clearly visible, due to the UV rays from the sun coming inside through the window of her study. But it wasn't visible in a normal light. Claire immediately took out the lighter from her pocket, and put the flame beneath the area of the paper, where she had seen the logo. The logo was visible in the heat of the flame. It was understood that the logo was made using the invisible ink. That ink was only visible in the heat or the UV rays.

It was a logo of a kind of a dragon and under that dragon was written 'SGO' in capital letters. Claire thought that she has seen that logo before! She tried hard to remember what did SGO stand for. After thinking a lot, she finally remembered the time while she was with David Cleveland discussing business in his private office. This 'SGO' stands for the Sonterri Gruppo Organisation. This name was striked off from all the lists of organisations, whose business, David wanted to takeover. Claire had asked for the reason. David then told her that how extremely ruthless and powerful this organisation was. With no morals and no boundaries, they would do anything to achieve what they want, and he wanted to protect his family! SGO was in Milan.

This how Claire remembered about this organisation. She called for Luca! In about a few minutes, Luca was in her study. Claire confided in him about what she has found. She said, "Ethan is definitely in Milan! My instincts say that Emilio was going to meet him in Milan to handover the envelop! So, Luca I want you to make arrangements for me in Milan. I have to be there and deal with him and this organisation." Luca replies hesitatingly, " But Boss, its just a possibility! We can't be sure that Ethan will be in Milan. He is sharp- witted and very powerful. Maybe he had already got the information about Emilio's death and went into hiding!" Claire replies decisively, " If a mere hint of him being in Milan is there, I have to go, even if it means dealing with that Sonterri organisation! Make arrangements Luca as soon as possible. Whatever it takes, fix a meeting with that organisation!" Luca replies, " Come dici tu (As you say), Boss! But, its a very dangerous organisation." "Don't worry about me Luca, I do have a gift for them!", replied Claire smirkingly, holding and pointing the envelop in Luca's direction.

Luca was about to leave, when he remembered about Consigliere and informed Claire, " Mr. Consigliere has arrived with the contract for Mr. Davis!". Claire replied, " Good! And one more thing!", her face filled with concern again, she showed that unknown number by which she had received her father's photo, to Luca, and said, "Ask John to find out whose number is this!" Luca without asking any questions obeyed her order and exited the study.