WE MEET AGAIN

Present (After Emilio's death)

Claire, wearing a sleeveless top and a pair of snug- fitting joggers, was busy fighting the mobsters , which were hired by her in the Cleveland mansion. It was actually a way of unleashing the pent-up exasperation that had been overwhelming her since few days. After fighting and defeating them, she instructed Luca, who all to keep as our men. She said, " Some of them are not worthy to be kept as my soldiers. Replace them, Hire more people! It will be a long fight with Ethan. And, I know how cunning he is! I don't want these weaklings in front of me." Luca bowed before her. As soon as he was about to leave for the task assigned to him just now, Claire interrupted and said, "And yes, one more thing! What about the meeting with that business tycoon? I haven't got any information on him. I learned of him being interested in doing some business with me! I don't know who he is yet!"

Luca replied," Sorry Boss for not informing you! You had been so busy and stressed regarding Emilio that I didn't bother you telling about him. I had received a phone call and he wants to meet you today." Claire ordered ," Fix a meeting with him today. He can come visit me in my mansion." Luca agreed and said, " As you say boss!", and left after bowing before her.

After the exhausting fight with her men, she gave a sigh of frustation and despair as she sat on her luxurious couch in the yard. A heavy voice spoke behind her, " You need to relax. You are taking a lot of stress, and it is not at all good for your health!" It was Roger. Claire replied frustatingly, "I have come this far! Even after so much of work put in yesterday, I could not find out about Ethan!" Roger put her breakfast and her medicines, on the table in front of her. He askes her, " Tell me one thing Claire, aren't you exhausted from all this? This rage and your revenge will drain you!" Claire replies seriously, " Roger! The path which I have chosen has no turning back. I know that very well! So, I need to finish what I have started!...." Anger filling inside her as she continued speaking. "..... I need to kill that bastard! That has always been the mission of my life. He took away the only family I had and upon his instructions, I was made to live in hell. I can't spare him! And for that I need power! And I really need your support Roger. So please! Don't say such things and waver me." Tears had filled in Claire's eyes as she angrily let out her heart in front of Roger. Roger then said, " I will always support you! You do what you feel right. Now take your medicine." Claire took her medicine and calmed down after a few minutes.

After few hours, 

Claire was in her study, when Luca entered and said," Boss, he is here. He is waiting for you in the lobby!" Claire went with him to the lobby. On reaching, she stopped on the aisle, taken aback seeing Noah in front of her. He was wearing a finely tailored blue suit with a crisp white shirt beneath. He smiled as his  crystal eyes met Claire's. He walked towards her and extended his hand in greeting, the sleeve of his jacket slid back revealing a hint of a wristwatch that gleamed with subtle opulence. He said, extending his hand towards Claire, "Hey gorgeous, I told you we will meet soon!" Claire was so astounded on seeing him that it took her a few minutes to take her mind off his elegance and shake hands with him. After doing so, they both sat on the sofas, in front of each other. Claire said, " So, you are Noah Davis, the business tycoon, who wanted to meet me." "Yes!", replied Noah, as he kept the cup on the table after drinking the tea. " So, what do you want....Mr. Saver?". Noah chuckled on hearing this. "So you can be humourous sometimes, Ms Cleveland! I thought you are always serious", said Noah laughing. Claire rolled her eyes slightly amused. It was undeniable that a part of her was happy to meet him again, as if the confusions regarding him were fading. But, it was the Claire Cleveland who can never trust anyone easily!

" So let's talk business!", said Claire. Noah replied, "Okay!" He continued, "There's a site that is going to be constructed into a hotel. It is my company's project and it is very important for me! But, there are certain people who don't want me to take this project and are trying all sorts of threatening and dirty means to stop me from working on that project. They are even trying to defame  and hurt me! I know very well about your businesses and your dealings and how far you can go to get what you want. Since the situation is going out of my hand, I want you to intervene. I want you to get me that project at all costs." Claire interrupted, "You know what it means to get involved with me? And, what my keeping it clean and simple means Mr. Davis!" Noah replied, "I very well know about your business and what means you use to get your things done! So, to put it in simple words, I need your authority to do the dirty work for me. I want this project and I need you and your men to make that morons pay!" Claire says gravely, "Everything comes with a price! I think you have heard of this proverb Mr. Davis?" Noah replies, " I am willing to pay the price!" Claire continues, " Its not just about money. Its about the power which I will hold on your hotel, after helping you! How can I trust you?" Noah speaks in his deep voice, " I am the man of my word!" You can make the contract and make your offer. This how I can ask for your trust!"

 After a few moments of thinking, Claire called Luca and asked him to call for Consigliere of the Cleveland family. Claire speaks to Noah, "Since I owe you my life, I am ready to help you out. But it will be my way! I will discuss the contract with you tomorrow morning." After hearing this, Noah comes closer to her. Claire could smell his cologne as he whispers in her ears, a seductive smile playing on his lips, " I think I need to keep risking my life to be near to such a dangerous woman!" His voice, a low and intimate whisper, brushed against the delicate curve of her earlobe. Claire felt an involuntary shiver down her spine. Noah brushed his hands against her cheeks, his eyes on her forehead, as he asked, " Is your scar okay?" Her heart skipped a beat as she absorbed his delicate touch on her face and his intoxicating closeness. " You need to take care of yourself! You will be my protector from now on!", Noah said in his sultry voice. " Thanks for showing faith in me! I still have to talk to you about something. See you tomorrow gorgeous!", saying this Noah exited from the mansion. 

Claire was lost in the moment which she had with Noah just now, but was soon interrupted by Roger teasing Claire, "He is really handsome right!" Claire replied rolling her eyes, " Oh shut up! Roger! He is not at all! Go do your work!", saying this, she turned away blushing a little. She was on her way back to her room, and could hear Roger's chortle behind her.