DREARY PAST: Part 2

There was going to be a meeting held between Paolo and the Defence minister of Italy in the hall of the mansion, the next day. All the preparations and security was under the control of Richard and soldiers under his command. It was regarding the agreement for the illegal arms supply. The minister's agreement greed has led him to become the 'Wiseguy'(any person who is related to mafia). "Read him the contract Marco", ordered Boss. Marco showed the contract to the minister. "What is the hurry, Boss? First let's have some wine for celebration. Cin cin!", laughed minister as he offered the glass to Paolo. They both drank some wine after Richard checked the wine by drinking it himself. The consigliere read the contract aloud. Boss then spoke, "If the confidentiality of this contract is ever breached, you are now well aware of what consequences you might face in the future, since you have heard this contract. Your price has been prepared here!". He held out his hand in the direction of the briefcase filled with money as Marco kept it on the table. "Yes, yes of course I know", laughed the minister in an uncomfortable tone. "There will be no problems in the supply of the weapons!", said the minister nervously. Marco then received the contract as the minister finished signing.

As the meeting was being smoothly held in the hall, little did they know about the horror that was going to strike the Luchese. The words couldn't come out of Paolo's mouth as he sat on his throne deeply wounded, the blood came rushing out of his heart as a seven millimetre bullet had pierced his heart. Everyone present in the hall were petrified and started screaming Paolo's name! As soon as Richard , who was standing out, heard the screams, he rushed inside the hall but it was too late, as Paolo sat dead on his throne. Richard saw his wounded heart and immediately concluded that he has been killed by a sniper, that too not an ordinary one but a fatal one. He drew the curtains aside and witnessed a hole in the glass window. He tried to look as far as he could but wasn't able to see anyone.

He suddenly realised that consigliere was not around. He ordered all his soldiers and associates to find him and inform Underboss about this tragedy. Underboss wasn't present at the meeting as he was handling affairs regarding other businesses. Richard commanded through the microphone, "Locate each and every location to find consigliere!" "Yes sir!!", a sound was heard on his microphone. After about few minutes, one of the mobsters told Richard through his microphone, "One of our member is missing! He is one of the bodyguards of Mr. Consigliere. Consigliere was followed by him wherever he went." "Hurry! Capture that moron. He definitely might be the traitor sent by one of our enemies", ordered Richard.

The Underboss arrived. He saw Paolo's body and resented those who killed him, in front of Richard. Suddenly, Ethan's cell phone rang. It was an unknown number. He received the call and there was the voice of Emilio Cassano, the most vicious enemy of the Luchese family. He said, "Consigliere is with me and even your contract with the Defence ministry is in my hands. Don't dare try to do anything funny! Come to my mansion." Before Ethan could say anything further, the call ended. As soon as it was ended, there were loads of cars that trespassed Luchese mansion. Inside were the fully armed henchmen, Richard quickly commanded all the soldiers, "Don't fire!!" through his microphone.