CONFESSION

Noah arrives in Cleveland mansion. One of the henchman asks him to wait in the lobby. Claire arrives downstairs and greets him. Claire commands the armed henchman standing at the back, " Summon Luca! We bear a present for Mr. Davis", she concludes, redirecting her gaze towards Noah. Noah gives a confused look. She continues, " Consigliere is on his way too!" 

                           After a brief interval, Luca arrives in the lobby, accompanied by two henchmen, dragging a middle-aged wounded man. They leave him on his knees before Noah. Noah is taken aback at the sight, and exclaims, " Mr. Wilson? " Claire interjects redirecting Noah's attention, "Upon hearing of your company's project and you being defamed and harmed, I instructed my men to delve deeper. It surfaced that the land on which the luxurious hotel was being built by your company is a pristine coastal stretch. Desperate to expedite the project, Mr. Wilson resorted to bribery, greasing the palms of local officials to overlook zoning restrictions and environmental regulations. In the shadows, he orchestrated a web of influence peddling, leveraging connections to ensure swift approvals. As construction bulldozers roared to life, the community living on the outskirts faced forced displacement. The fair compensation which was promised to them, was replaced by embezzled funds, leaving the displaced families in dire straits."  

                            Claire continues elucidating the deceit, "You didn't know about the embezzled funds which he was keeping in his pockets, hence, eating away the money that belonged to the local community. When you said that you still wanted to check the land personally and be cautious of any hazards before the construction starts, he found himself in the position of threat. He thought that if his corrupt deed comes to light, his position and the project on which he has been working will be in the state of peril. So, first he tried to defame you, but you were stubborn in your decisions and actions. You were even trying to check about the funds that being used by the company in previous projects. Hearing about this, he became even more scared as all the embezzled funds will come to light. Hence, he then hired some goons to harm you. My men reached those  goons and this how they were forced to speak up and I came to know about the person behind the assault on you."  Luca handed over the phone to Claire, and she showed the photos of the injured goons to Noah, while speaking to him. 

                            "Now ! Its up to you, what you have to do with this man", continued Claire. Noah, grappling with the information he just received, found himself incredulous. Frustration etched his face as he addressed Wilson with simmering anger, "I find it unfathomable that you, of all the people, would betray me! You've been in the company since my father's time. I trusted you! " Wilson implored Noah, "Please spare me Noah!" Angrily, Noah retorted, "Get out of my sight! I no longer want you in my company. I will sue you!"

                             Claire orders her men, " Get him out!" Wilson is dragged away as he screams begging Noah to spare him, but, Noah pays no heed. Noah still processing the betrayal, thanks  Claire, who revealed the truth behind Wilson's action. Claire could see the pain and disappointment in his eyes. She asked, " Were you close to him? " Noah replied sadly, "Yes! He was the closest to me after my father died. I would have never imagined that he would harm me!" Seeing Noah this way, Claire felt certain emotions which she had never felt before. She felt angry and sad at the same time. She felt extremely angry at Wilson for treating Noah this way and was also in pain, watching Noah being upset. It felt as if she wanted to take away his sorrows and cheer him up but she didn't know how to! Noah then interrupted her thoughts by asking, " So, let me know your proposal now, as you did your part!" Before she could reply, Consigliere entered and said, "Boss! your proposal for Mr. Davis ", as he handed over the document to Claire.

                           Claire controlled her emotions. Before showing the document to Noah, Claire asked him, " Since the land on which you were going to build the hotel won't be a fit. So, what have you thought of doing now?" Noah replied, "Since I had my doubts, I had already found an alternate site. I have personally inspected that land and it's all ready for the construction!" Claire was relieved and then she showed the contract to Noah. The contract stated that Claire will have the authority over a significant portion of the hotel and will be responsible for all the major events and parties held in the hotel. Everything else will be managed by Noah and his team. It was a kind of  confidential agreement on a condition that Noah won't be asking any questions regarding how she manages her part of the hotel. There was also a condition added in the contract later by Claire that, she will be the one to make sure that Noah's hotel won't be harmed in any possible way, and thus, she will be able to manage the business on her own terms.

                            Noah signed the contract without giving it a second thought, as he had given his word to Claire and also as a debt to her for helping him and saving his life. Thus, they sealed the contract with a  handshake. Their eyes met. Claire experienced a sudden surge of adrenaline, as Noah drew near. However, their moment was halted by Luca, who rushed over to address Claire urgently. " Boss! I need to talk to you about something." Claire accompanied Luca to a secluded corner of the lobby, distancing themselves from Noah for a private conversation. "Boss, your arrangements for travel and stay in Milan, are in place. Unfortunately, the meeting with the SGO organization couldn't be fixed. They are highly private and perilous!", Luca conveyed with evident concern. " Alright, so I need to devise my own approach to reach this organization. Get some henchmen ready. They will accompany me. You stay here and continue searching for Ethan.", Claire instructed. Luca insisted, "No Boss! I should accompany you. Its risky to approach such a formidable organization without a counter plan! Your safety will be at stake" Before Claire could respond, Roger who had been eavesdropping interjected, "Claire, you shouldn't go alone. Please! Listen to me." Claire retorted, "Roger, nothing will befall me. I am Claire Cleveland, damn it! You don't think I can deal with the Sonterris all by myself!" Roger assures her calmly, "Of course! I know you are worthy enough to handle them. Fine you can go! i am no one to stop you But, I have a condition, a plead! Given the recent events and  constant threat to your life, I want someone to accompany you." Confused, Claire inquired, "Who?" Roger sided himself and gestured towards Noah, approaching towards them. "I informed Noah about you going on a dangerous mission alone. He genuinely wants to help! I want him to be there for you so that you don't endure this ordeal alone. He has saved you before. I sense that you have started to trust him!"

                   Claire grappled with denial regarding Noah accompanying her. She had started trusting him. He had even saved her life. Without asking any questions, he had been there for her and had gotten close to her in a short period of time. But, she didn't want to put Noah's life in danger as if, her feelings for Noah seemed to have grown stronger. As Noah approached, he remarked, "Ready to go with me, gorgeous?!" Claire didn't reply. She was angry. Roger then suggested, "You both should talk it out." And then, both Luca and Roger departed. After a momentary pause, Noah broke the silence, " Take your time! But know this, whatever you say, I am going with you to Milan, no matter the dangerous mission! I don't care!" Claire resisted, "Its really dangerous! I can't let you risk your life! You won't be going!" Noah, smiling, retorted, "You have authority over my hotel, not me, gorgeous!" Claire questioned his motives, "Why do you want to help me? Don't you have questions? Aren't you curious about where i am going, what I am up to?" Noah then replies, " Of course! I do have questions, and I also know you won't tell me, no matter how many times I ask you! But I also know that the only way to  help you is to silently support you!" "I care about you damn it!", Noah's voice increasing with frustration, " I have developed feelings for you ! Can't you see that? And, I am willing to take all this risk to protect you!" Claire was taken aback by Noah's confession. She didn't know what to say. She couldn't run away from her feelings, but she also knew that she will never be ready for all this. Noah, then closed the distance, their eyes locked, as he gently cupped Claire's face, his thumb caressing her cheek. She felt the warmth of his breath. Noah leaned in and kissed Claire. Claire felt his kiss as a promise of him being with her, and that she is not alone. 

                              "You don't need to answer my confession. Just know that you don't have to deal with everything alone!", whispered Noah, after their shared moment. Claire nodded, cautioning him to be careful and always follow her lead! "As you say, ma'am!", Noah replied smiling, as he softly tapped Claire's chin with the finger, his left arm was embracing her waist. Claire melted, captivated by his smile.