Part 14.

Later in the evening, Jeremiah had gone to work and I were alone with Conrad since everyone else left for the beach.

"Jade?" My gaze immediately flew to the door, and I saw Conrad.

"What's up?" I answered, and a little smile came on his face. He entered my room further, and looked around at my clothes on the floor.

"Are you mad at me? You seem a little distant" as I heard the sentence, I shook my head.

"Why would I be mad at you? I have no reason to be" I said, and smiled at him.

He nodded, and sat beside me on my bed.
"I feel like this conversation is about to become serious?" He just smiled.

"Do you want to go shopping? There will be a thunderstorm later, I thought maybe we could get some popcorn and all that and watch a movie?" I smiled at the thought, but that smile was quickly wiped away because I saw Belly at my door frame.

"Oo I'll come shopping as well!" Conrad looked back at her, and shook his head.

"I want to go only with Jade. Not to be rude, but I haven't been with her in a while." Belly's smile immediately dropped, and her gaze flew to mine. As soon as Conrad wasn't looking, she gave me a dirty look.

I guess she wasn't joking about liking Conrad.

"Do you want to go now? I'll just change my outfit and we can go" I asked Conrad, and he nodded. I looked back at the door, but Belly had disappeared.

Conrad left my room, and I started looking for clothes that I could put on. In that moment, it felt like I had no clothes at all. Interrupting my thoughts, I heard a knock on my door.

God why does everyone come to my room?

I look back, and see Jeremiah smiling at the door.

"Where are you going? I thought you we're going to just stay back here?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"I'm going shopping with Conrad. Did you know there was going to be a thunderstorm tonight?" I asked. After I finished my sentence, I could hear muffled cries coming from Belly's room. Jeremiah seemed to notice those as well, and he went to check on Belly.

I turned back to my pile of clothes, and found the perfect shirt. It's a mustard yellow crop top. Now I only have to find fitting pants.

- - -

I ended up picking blue shorts since it was hot outside. Conrad and I left a while ago to go shopping, and now we're listening to music in his car.

He turns the music down, and looks at me. "How's your friends? I haven't seen you with anyone since you arrived." He asked. It was kind of weird, because he usually doesn't care about my friends.

"I don't like them that much anymore. They're different than last summer" I said, smiling back at him.

"They grew up. Like Belly" he said, and turned his focus back to the road.

"Are you saying that I haven't grown up?"

He laughs.

His laugh. I haven't heard it in a unfortunate while, but it was good to hear it now.

"No, I'm just saying that Belly and the other girls your age grew up now, you grew up earlier" I gave him a confused look, and he noticed.

"Okay, for example when did you have your real first kiss? At 11? 10? And belly had her like last year." He stated, and I laughed.

"How does my real first kiss define when I grew up? And it was when I was 9." He looked at me, shocked.

"I thought that you like, watched My Little Pony and Monster High at that age." I looked back at him, and laughed again.

"I did that also, but I did date boys. I was quite liked in elementary." He looked at me, and smiled.

"Have I ever told you that your laugh is nice?" I shook my head.

"You have not. Will you tell me that now?" I asked, and smiled at him.

"No. It was nice to hear you laugh though" I changed my smile to smirking at him.

"Tell me that my laugh is nice" He looked at me, and smiled. I haven't seen him smile this much like, ever.

"Your laugh is nice, Jade." I nodded at him, and turned my head back to the road. It appeared, that we we're already infront of the store.

I stood up from the car at the same time as Conrad, and we started walking to the store.

As we found the section with popcorn, Nicole was standing there, smiling at us.

"Hey you guys! Belly told me you'd be here and I decided to interrupt your little  date" she said, with a smirk.

"We're here just to buy popcorn. This isn't a date. Now would you get out of the way Nicole?" His tone seemed more like himself, but the way that he said Nicole was different. Different from the way he says anyone's name.

______

A/N - I haven't updated this story since July, and I'm sorry for that. I have been thinking about starting to write a new fanfic about tsitp with a completely different plot, but I'll try to upload chapters to this one as well.