One: Los Angeles and Prince Charming

Moving to Los Angeles was going to be an exciting yet frightening experience. This would be the first time without my family or friends. Me on my own. I had lived all my life in one place---Charlotte, NC.

Being a southern girl, my family was worried that all my morals and values would shoot out the window once I landed in LA but I promised them that nothing would change.

I was going to be teaching a sixth-grade English class. I was so excited about that because English was my favorite subject and one of my majors in college. But I knew I wouldn't be making enough to cover the cost of living, so I also got a job ridesharing with Lyft.

I would teach during the day and rideshare at night in my little Prius.

As I got off the plane, I took a deep breath. This was it. The moment I had been waiting for since I first got offered the job. I had one week before school started. Luckily, my parents helped me with first, second and last month's rent, so I wouldn't have to worry about rent until the third month.

So, all I would be doing this week is exploring and ridesharing at night.

Day One-Monday

I didn't get to do any exploring. I settled into my apartment, started taking things out of boxes, moving furniture around, getting my Prius delivered to me, and getting the rent into my landlord.

Day Two-Tuesday

I decided to start in Hollywood. I went to the Hollywood Wax Museum, walked down Hollywood Boulevard and saw the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and lastly went up to the Hollywood sign.

It was something I wished I could have done with my best friends, Skylar and Paige, but I sent them vids and pics and video called them during the walk so it was like they were there. I also video called my parents and showed them the wax figured celebrities.

Day Three-Wednesday

I went to Rodeo Drive and got a few things on the cheap side surprisingly. I spent less than three hundred dollars for a top, jeans, and a hat. I then went down to Santa Monica Boulevard and went to the Pier. I didn't go swimming because I left my bathing suit back at the apartment, but I did ride on some rides.

I started ridesharing today. It was mostly just tourists and some college students. I live on the Santa Monica Boulevard side.

Day Four-Thursday

I spent a lot of my day exploring some of the beaches. I went to Manhattan Beach, Long Beach, and Venice Beach.

At night, I did a bit of ridesharing which again was filled with mostly tourists, one local who I had to drive out really far for, and a couple that made me want to gag at how lovey dovey they were but at the same time envious of them because it's something I never had.

It's not that I never had an opportunity to, its just I spent most of my time being a nerd and, in the books, rather than going out with my best friends and living life. I felt like now was the time I could do that since I didn't have the pressure of school and grades.

Day Five-Friday

I spent most of my day ride sharing because I wanted to spend the night at a bar or lounge. I ended up chickening out though nervous about being alone at a bar and decided to just keep ride sharing. It started pretty slow with few tips, but by the night time the tips picked up.

A guy who looked like a guy you would only see in the movies, came into my car.

"Hi, are you Nick?" I asked, looking at my phone which read Nick. We had to do this as part of the Lyft procedure.

"Yes I am. How are you doing this evening?"

"So far so good."

I started up the GPS.

"So, what's a pretty girl like you doing ridesharing?" He asked which almost made me blush. He thought I was pretty. Normally I would have took offense at his somewhat backhanded compliment, but he was just too cute.

"Just trying to make ends meet." I shrugged.

"I totally feel you on that. I thought about doing the ridesharing thing before my car got totaled."

"Oh no."

"Yeah it was bad."

"Well luckily you didn't get hurt too bad."

"Yeah, I walked out unscathed."

"So, I'm new to LA, are there any places I should know about going to?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Oh man is there? There's the Elevate Lounge, Blue Moon, Frolic Room, Griffith Observatory if you haven't already been, Runyon Canyon Park, and the Blue Velvet Lounge where I am about to go now. And those are just to name a few. There's so many places I could show you around to if you want."

"That would be great."

"Cool, I'm in a band called Twilight Mars. You should totally check us out tomorrow night if you're not too busy at the Blue Velvet."

"Sure. When I stop we can exchange numbers."

"So how long have you been out here?"

"Just a few days."

"And where have you seen so far?"

"Hollywood Boulevard, Rodeo Drive, some of the beaches like Venice Beach and Manhattan Beach, oh and Santa Monica Boulevard."

"Okay well you haven't seen anything yet. There's far more to see."

I arrived at the Blue Velvet and stopped.

"Well it was really nice meeting you..."

"Natalie, Atkins." I said giving him my phone to put his number in and he did the same.

"Well Natalie Atkins, I'm Nick Cauldron and I hope to see you tomorrow night."

"Yeah definitely." I squealed inside. This would be my first time going out to a lounge and to see a hot guy at that. As dumb as it sounded maybe he would turn out to be my Prince Charming.