Nine: Phase Four-The Kiss

Chapter Nine: Phase Four-The Kiss

I decided to wear a long brown bodycon dress with a split that came up to my thigh. My hair was wavy and my makeup matched the dress...everything brown---brown eyeshadow, brown lipstick, and brown eyeliner. I also wore brown heels.

When I came down, Benji looked shocked.

"Do I look bad?"

"No...God no you look stunning."

He quickly opened the door for me and I got in.

"Nick is going to be wowed when he sees you tonight."

"So what's the plan?"

"You're going to sit on my lap is the plan."

"Isn't that going a bit too far?"

"We have to show that we're getting really close to tick him off. Don't you want him to want you?"

"Yes of course."

"Then this is the way to do it."

When we arrived, the party was in full session at a house on the hills. There were a lot of people from the living room to the balcony and outside at the pool. Some people were in the pool despite the low temperature. We found Nick sitting in one of the lounge chairs in the living room.

There was only one seat left. Benji sat down and pulled me down to him to sit in his lap.

"Hey guys what's up?" Nick asked.

"Nothing much man, we're just chilling." Benji said.

Nick took his drink all the way back before saying, "You guys seem really chummy."

"Well Nat is a really cool chick, we had a blast last weekend, didn't we?"

"Yeah we did," I said. He pulled his arm around my waist and smiled up at Nick who looked suddenly peeved off.

"I'm going to go find another drink, you guys want anything?"

"I'll have a whiskey on the rocks," Benji said.

"I'll have a mojito," I said, remembering what Jessica had ordered.

Nick rushed over to the bar.

"He's jealous." Benji announced.

"Yeah, I definitely noticed. So what now?"

"Now we make things a bit interesting."

"And how are we going to make things interesting?"

Suddenly he kissed me out of nowhere. I wanted to fight him off me but his kiss was surprisingly good and I also didn't want Nick to see me resisting him so I went with it.

Nick said, "Ah-hmm."

We slowly stopped kissing and looked up at Nick who seemed even more peeved but quickly changed his face to a don't care attitude.

"Your drinks."

He handed us our drinks and we just laughed. "Sorry." We said in unison.

"I'm going to go talk to some people over there."

"What was that?" I hit Benji.

"You wanted to make him heated with jealousy, so I did you a favor."

"I thought you said no kissing."

"I realized it was necessary."

"I don't want him to think we're that serious."

"He won't after tomorrow."

"What happens tomorrow."

"You'll see."