Fourteen: Phase Seven-Skylar and Benji Falling Hard

Chapter Fourteen: Phase Seven-Skylar and Benji falling hard

Skylar couldn't stop talking about Benji. It really drove me up a wall how much she was talking about him. I was glad that she was going back to North Carolina but she was talking about coming back very soon to see him again.

"He's so romantic. He said he would come to see me as well."

"That's great," I lied.

"Oh thank you so much for having us meet, Nat. He's like the best thing that's ever happened to me since Brad." Brad was her ex-boyfriend and the guy she almost married. So that was saying a whole lot.

"No need to thank me. I'm just glad you found somebody you connected with."

"Yeah it feels like kismet. You have Nick and now I have Benji!"

"Yeah...whoopee." I said sarcastically.

I thought about Benji and Skylar and wondered if he really was interested in Skylar the way she was interested in him and decided to text him about it.

Me: Do you really like Skylar?

Benji: Do you really like Nick?

Me: Of course, I like Nick.

Benji: Then of course I like Skylar. What's with the third degree?

Me: It just seems a bit fast don't you think. You're already talking about seeing each other again. You going to NC to see her and all is kind of much.

Benji: Well we really hit it off so I don't see the problem.

Me: The problem is she's my best friend and I don't want to see her get hurt.

Benji: Is that really what this is about?

Me: Yes of course. What else would it be about?

Benji: I don't know. That's why I asked.

Me: I just think you guys should take things a bit slower.

Benji: I've never been a slower type of guy. I always move fast when its someone I really like.

Me: Well if you say you really like her then who I am to stand in your way.

Benji: You're not. I was going to see her whether you approved or not.

Me: Well I do approve if its legit.

Benji: Then goodnight 'cause it is.

Me: Goodnight.

I found myself almost in tears.