Fifteen: Fight with Benji

Chapter Fifteen: Fight with Benji

Nick wanted to go out but I made up excuses that I had too much school work to grade or I was busy with ridesharing, but the truth was I was trying to figure out my feelings. I had thought I had fallen for Nick but now I didn't know if I felt the same way anymore. I couldn't get Benji out of my head or the kiss we shared. What the freak was wrong with me?

When Benji texted me, I got excited.

Benji: Nick is freaking out a bit.

Me: Why?

Benji: Because it's been three weeks since you last hung out. He thinks you're ghosting him.

Me: Well, I'm not. It's just I've been incredibly busy.

Benji: All before you weren't so busy.

Me: It's getting to the point where the kids have their first exam coming up so its crunch time for me.

Benji: Okay if that's what you're selling. I'll let him know.

Me: What is that supposed to mean?

Benji: It means I'm calling bullshit.

Me: Well its not bullshit. Its just a teacher's life.

Benji: It didn't seem that way before is all I'm saying. You wanted him and now that you have him, you don't seem to?

Me: I do. Believe me I do but I can't just pause my life for him.

Benji: Sure.

Me: Whatever.

He could get me so riled up. I didn't understand it or him. I didn't understand why I suddenly felt this way. Now I had made a terrible mistake and I couldn't unmake it. Not when my best friend's heart was on the line.