Sixteen: Friendzoned again

Chapter Sixteen: Friendzoned again

I decided it was time for me to see Nick and tell him the truth. That I just wasn't feeling him like I thought I was. Maybe even telling Benji the truth. That I actually liked him.

So I decided to go to one of their shows on the beach.

After they got done, Nick saw me right away and hugged and kissed me.

"It's so great to see you. I thought for a minute there you were ghosting me."

"We need to talk," I said to him.

"Oh that's never a good sign."

"I'm sorry but I don't like you like I thought I did. I just want us to be friends."

"Really why what did I do?"

"Its nothing you did. Its just I have feelings for someone else."

"Who?"

"I can't really say."

"I think I know and if that's the case. I won't stop you."

"Thanks."

"No problem. This is the first time a girl has ever friend-zoned me."

"Really?"

"Yeah and I have to say it doesn't feel good," he laughed.

"Welcome to my world," I laughed back.

Suddenly Benji came up to us and I felt my cheeks turning bright red. Why was I feeling this way about him now?

"Hey Nat, how's it going?"

"It's going great. Can we talk?"

"Actually, I have been meaning to talk to you anyways."

We went to go talk in private where I hoped to share my feelings for him.

"I um.."

"I..."

"You go first," I said to him.

"I just talked to Skylar and she said she's moving here for me. Can you believe that?"

"No I can't."

"She's coming in a week. She said she got a job here and I told her she could crash with me until she finds a place."

"Don't you think that's a bit much. You guys just met."

"When it's kismet, its kismet."

"But what if you guys break up? Won't that be awkward?"

"I don't think we would break up. She's it for me and it's all because of you. You know what's so crazy is that in the beginning I thought about you. I couldn't get you out of my head and then I met Skylar and it's like she's all I think about now thanks to you."

"Wait you thought about me in that way?"

"Yeah but you were so into Nick and are still so into him that it didn't matter and it still doesn't matter because I'm into Skylar now. Now what were you going to say before?"

"Just that I'm happy for you and I'm sorry I questioned you guys."

"It's fine. You were just being a good friend."

"Yeah I was." I said sadly.

"Well I'm going to head back to the band. We have an encore to do but thanks again Nat. You're the best."

"Yeah no problem."

Nick came up to me. "Looks like I'm not the only one that's been friend-zoned."