chapter two

The door opened and I immediately heard yelling.

"Reign, Bri! What's up guys?" Steven said running over to us. I squealed, running towards him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

He circled his hands around my waist, lifting me off the ground and spinning me.

Out of the entire group I was closest to Steven, we instantly got along when we met, bonding over almost everything. When he finally put me down, he leaned back to take a closer look at me.

"Your hair, what happened to your dora dora hair? Your face, you look so much more like a girl?" He cringed playfully.

"Thanks." I said, hitting his shoulder. He grinned, pulling me into another hug. "You look amazing Bri." He whispered in my ear.

"You do too." I replied.

I turned to look at the other three and noticed that Belly and Conrad were soaked.

"Don't tell me we missed the belly flop," Reign said moving over to greet the boys.

"Unfortunately, you did." Jeremiah replied, turning to me. "There's my bumblebee!" He grinned moving over to hug me.

"Steven was right, look at you." I laughed as he spun me around.

He wrapped an arm around me pulling me closer to him. I smiled at Belly and Conrad. "I would hug you guys but you know.." I motioned to their clothes.

"I can totally fix that problem." Belly smiled, walking towards me. "Yeah I mean, if you changed then maybe-" I was cut off by her grabbing my hand and yanking me in the pool with her.

"Belly!" I screamed as I fell into the water. I rose up after, moving the hair away from my face.

"Ow, I think I hit my wrist on the pool floor." I said moving towards the edge where all the boys were standing. "Not falling for that, Belly did the same thing." Conrad joked, about to turn around.

"Belly.." I whined, turning to the girl. I winked at her, showing her my wrist.

"Wait Bri, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to." She said playing along. The boys stopped their movements, now worried. "Hold on, let me see." Jeremiah said quickly walking over.

He grabbed my hand, inspecting it carefully.

"I don't see-" I cut him off by yanking him into the water. The boys began to fall over laughing.

"Seriously?" Jeremiah laughed, moving over to tackle me. I laughed, trying to move as fast as one can in water. Unfortunately, I wasn't granted speed like powers like Jeremiah so he quickly caught up to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

He hugged me from behind, messing up my hair.

"I missed you Bri." "I missed you too Jere." I replied.

"Alright, alright. Can I get a hug now?" Belly asked. "Obviously." I smiled moving away from Jeremiah to hug Belly. We giggled as we walked out of the pool.

"You're not getting away that easily." I told Conrad as I wrapped my arms around him. "Didn't expect anything less." He chuckled, reciprocating the hug. "It's good to be back." Reign said as we all walked into the house.

"Yes it is." Steven mumbled. The boys left to their rooms, but Belly and I hopped on the counter seats in the kitchen. "Hi." We giggled a greeting to Susannah and Laurel.

"You two are dripping water all over the place." Laurel scolded us playfully.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm going to go dry my hair off." I announced to the group as I got up. I walked into the familiar room that I normally shared with my mom, and now I had it all to myself.

I squealed, jumping onto the bed and landing in a starfish position.

"Someone looks comfortable." I heard Steven as he walked into my room and sat at the edge of my bed.

"You have no idea." I grinned, sitting up to face him. "I'm bored, lets do something." He begged, throwing his head back and falling against me.

"Ugh Steven, you're heavy. Get off." I laughed trying to muster up my strength and push him off me. "Rude. I've been trying to lay off the pancakes, you know?" He teased as I rolled my eyes.

"Where's Jere and the others?" I asked him. "Oh, I think he and Belly went to go for a swim at the beach." He replied.

I frowned, "Alone?"

"Yeah I think so, why?" He asked confused. "Just asking." I shrugged, trying my best to play it off. "Don't tell me.." He began.

"Huh?" I gave him a confused look.

"Does our resident little bumblebee have a crush on Jeremiah Fisher?" He gasped.

Ever since I was a kid, Jeremiah used to always call me B, a short version of my nickname Bri, and an even shorter version of my name Brianna. It all began when Conrad made a joke when Jeremiah called me by that nickname.

"Hey B." Jeremiah said turning to look at me. "A bee, what where?" Conrad laughed, turning from side to side, pretending to look around.

And from there the kid-like nickname stuck.

"What? No, of course not." I immediately defended. "Oh, yes you do!" He cheered, jumping on the bed and simultaneously moving closer to me.

"Steven.." I groaned, grabbing a pillow and shoving my face in it. "Seriously? I was joking, do you actually have a crush on Jere?" He asked surprised.

"It's not a crush." I frowned, as he pulled the pillow away from my face.

"Yeah, right. I totally believe you." He chuckled. "I'm being deadass Steven. I don't know I just think he's cute. I'm not like in love with him." I told the boy seriously.

"Not yet you're not." He smiled evilly before getting up and walking out of my room. "Where are you going?" I yelled out. "We are going to go get icecream, come on." He yelled back. I quickly got up, running after him.

~

By the time we got back it was already dark out.

"We should have told Laur and Susannah we left." I told Steven as we walked into the house.

"Nah, my mom already knew and she just texted me not too long ago that dinner was starting and to come back." I nodded. He threw an arm around my shoulder as we walked into the kitchen.

"Look who decided to show up." Reign teased as we sat down in the remaining seats.

"Sorry we had an icecream date." Steven smirked, I kicked his leg under the table making him wince.

"You had a date? You and Bri?" Jeremiah asked.

word count: 1126
Thank you guys for reading, hope you enjoyed! I'll update the next part as soon as possible! Please vote and comment for support, love you!🤍