chapter twenty one: end

I cannot thank everyone enough for reading, due to this being the last chapter it's longer than usual. Enjoy!

"Brianna Adler, daughter of Veronica and David Adler. Brianna is a student at the Hudson Prep Academy. She's ranked at the state level in girls' track and is a talented vocalist." As the lady announced, I walked up to the middle, joining arms with Jeremiah.

"You're a goddess." He whispered in my ear, making me blush.

"Thanks Jere." I whispered back. "Brianna is also an avid scholar and raised five thousand dollars for the charity 'Friends of the Earth'." Once she finished, we began to walk down the stairs, smiling for pictures along the way.

We walked over to stand next to Belly and Conrad who were right in front of our family's table.

I grinned, letting go of Jeremiah slowing and walking over to my mom to give her the boutique of roses. "You look beautiful mi amor (my love)." She said, hugging me tightly.

"I get it from you." I joked, kissing her cheek and walking back to Jeremiah. I curtsied, giggling to myself.

"How was the curtsy?" I asked Jeremiah. "The queen would be proud." He complimented, making me smile to myself. I leaned my head on him slightly as the other girls got introduced. "I'll be right back." Laur said quickly, before exiting the room.

"Where is she going?" I asked worried, turning to watch her practically run out of the room. "I don't know." He replied, I could tell he was concerned as well.

"It is my honor to introduce this year's Cousins Beach Club debutantes." I brought my attention back to the ceremony, curtseying once again.

~

"I'm going to go find Laurel." Jeremiah said after a while. "Okay." I nodded, as he got up and out of his seat. "Do you know anything about this?" I turned to ask Conrad who was seated next to me.

He looked almost as if he wanted to say something, but then shook his head. "I'm worried." I admitted to the boy. I frowned, looking down at my plate.

"Actually Bri, there is something.." He began.

"What is it?" I asked him softly. "My mom, she.."

"Hey it's time for the escort dance." A guy came to tell Conrad. "I'll be right there." Conrad nodded, starting to get up. "What were you gonna say?" I ask the boy curiously.

"I'll tell you later, I promise." He reassured me, placing a hand on my shoulder. He soon began to follow the other guy up the stairs to get into formation. "And now introducing the debutante escorts." They announced as the dance began.

I giggled to myself when I saw Jeremiah blow a kiss toward me. "Whoo!" I cheered with Belly as we laughed at their routine. It wasn't bad at all, they were doing amazing! And I know for a fact that it was Jeremiah who insisted on the song.

"Go Jere!" I yelled, smiling along with the rest of the crowd. Once they finished, we all got up and began clapping.

They came back to our table and we congratulated them on how well they did. "Didn't know you had it in you Connie?" I teased.

"Yeah, well that makes two of us." He smiled, playing along. "I'll uh be right back." Jeremiah told us as he dashed off.

"Where is he going now?" I asked Conrad. "I have no clue." He replied, looking almost as if he felt bad for me. My thoughts were cut off by the clinking of glass. "I don't know where Jeremiah is." I told the group as I began to stand up.

"He'll be here in a minute, I'm sure." Susannah reassured me, but I still wasn't convinced. I got up, walking over to my position and looked around the room nervously.