chapter ten

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I apologized, looking up to see a brunette boy.

"Don't worry about it." He laughed, reassuring me. "Sorry again, I didn't look where I was going." I told the guy.

"Yeah, looked like you had somewhere to be. But, uh hey, I'm Matt." The boy smiled, placing his hand out. I smiled, shaking it.

"I'm Bri."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." He mumbled. "Thanks." I chuckled.

"So where were you headed?" He asked. "Uhm nowhere in particular, just to get some air." I sighed. "Mind if I join you?" He asked. "Be my guest." I said, following him out to the front.

He was cute, really cute. He had light green eyes and curly brown hair, he seemed like the type of boy that would pay for the car in back of him. He seemed sweet.

We sat on the steps leading up to the house. "So how come I've never seen you?" He asked.

"No idea, I don't really go out too much. This summer I've been pretty busy with the deb ball." I said, letting the summer breeze flow through my hair.

"Oh you're gonna be a debutante? My sister did that last year, she loved it." He told me.

"Yeah, I'm excited." I answered, smiling.

"You have a gorgeous smile." Matt complimented me. "You think?" "I know." We ended up chatting for awhile, exchanging flirty comments back and forth.

However, Jeremiah was still always in the back of my mind. I wondered what he and that guy were doing and just thinking about that made me upset.

"Can I kiss you?" Matt blurted out.

My eyes widened, but I nodded. He leaned in, cupping my cheek in his hand. Our lips met and it was almost perfect. It wasn't a needy or hot kiss, it was soft and slow. Matt was anything but aggressive, I scooted closer to him, feeling comfortable in his presence.

We continued making out for what felt like forever. "Bri, Bri!" I heard someone called my name, but I ignored them, continuing to kiss Matt.

"Bri!" They continued calling out my name, eventually tugging my arm to pull me off.

"What the hell?" I turned to see Conrad pulling me and the boys plus Taylor with him.

"What do you want? I'm busy." I crossed my arms. "We're leaving, let's go." Conrad said simply. "Matt can take me home later, I was just starting to have fun. Right Matt?" I asked the boy.

"Yeah, I got her." Matt said, getting up and wrapping an arm around me. "Yeah no, stop playing a Belly like she did with Cameron. You just met him, let's go." Jeremiah said seriously.

"Belly this, Belly that. Why can't I ever do what I want?" I argued.

"Bri, let's go now or I'm telling mom." Reign threated. "Seriously?" I scoffed.

"Here uhm." Matt said, handing me his phone. I sent him a small smile as I typed my number in. "I'll see you later." He whispered to me, before hugging me lightly.

"Bye." I waved as he walked back into the house.

"Now I know what Belly meant when she said you all are major assholes." I told the boys annoyed as I left them, walking towards the car.

"Hey, are you okay?" Taylor asked, jogging up to me. "Yeah, I just don't get why the guys always do this." I sighed. "At least he asked for your number, he was cute." She winked, making me laugh.

"Yeah, you're right."

~

The drive back home was silent. I sat in the back, staring out the window for the entire drive.

Once we arrived, I opened the car door, stepping out immediately, trying to separate myself from the group as soon as possible.

"Wait up..Bri, come on!" I heard Jeremiah call out to me, grabbing my wrist to stop me from walking any further.

"What?" I said, turning to face him.

Everyone had already gone inside leaving us alone.

"What was that at the party earlier?" He questioned. "I don't know what you're talking about." I huffed, crossing my arms.

I knew exactly what he was talking about. "Making out with a guy you just met, that's not you." He said, looking at me seriously. "Oh so you can do it, but I can't." I chuckled, looking down.

I hated how emotional I got and the fact that my eyes were starting to get watery was not helping me.

"What are you-" Jeremiah stopped mid sentence. "Luke?" He asked, referring to the guy he was kissing earlier. "I don't care what his name is Jere. You have no right to judge me if you're doing the same thing." I glared at him.

"I'm not judging you Bri. Gosh, just listen to yourself, you sound jealous." I sucked in a breath, little did he know that's exactly how I felt.

I tried to sound out a response, but no words came to mind.

That's when his eyes finally met mine. His blue ones frantically trying to search for an answer in mine.

"I'm tired Jeremiah. I'm going to bed." I sighed, exhaustion clear in my voice. "No you're not, we have to finish talking first." He said, tugging me again, but moving his grip to my hand this time.

"What's there to talk about?" I asked. "Everything." He said quietly, his hand not leaving mine.

"Look I get it, you're not the type who wants to be held down-" He cut me off, "How do you know what I want?"

"Then tell me what you want Jeremiah. Why do I have to keep figuring everything out by myself?" I said a bit louder.

"I-I don't know what I want.." He sighed, holding my hand tighter.

"That's fine Jere. Just...let me know when you do." Was all I said as I tugged my hand away from his, leaving him behind as I walked into the house.

word count: 1011
Thanks again for reading, hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to leave a vote an comment for support!!🤍