chapter nineteen

"Did they-" I was cut off by Taylor.

"They took everything. Except for your guy's phones...which both have very incriminating texts on them." Taylor winced.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, swimming up to the girl.

"Jeremiah messaged you saying he hopes you had a good time and that he couldn't wait to kiss you tonight." The girl cringed as she read the text, I couldn't help but smile.

"And Conrad texted Belly that my mom did ask me to take you to the ball, but that's not why I did it, I did it because I wanted to." I sighed as Belly came up next to me.

She giggled, smiling to herself. "Belly concentrate." I shook her shoulders.

"Gigi must have been upset about Jeremiah and same for Nicole with Conrad." Taylor groaned.

"We are not walking home naked." I said bringing their attention to the fact that our clothes were still missing. "It could be worse, we're going." Taylor said, shrugging.

"What could be worse than this?" I asked the girl stressed out.

"Okay what about that?" Belly said, pointing towards what looked like a large sheet. "No.." Taylor began to defend.

~

"I can't believe they actually did this to us." I told the two as we walked barefoot on the street, with only a sheet keeping us covered.

"Bri can't you just call your boyfriend." Taylor whined. "But he's at a party and I'm naked." I argued, continuing to walk with the girls.

"I can't walk two more miles." Belly added, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." I said grabbing my phone and calling the boy. "Hey babe-" I cut him off quickly. "Jere can you come get us it's an emergency. We kinda uhm are naked, without our clothes, on uhm Parkinson street. Nicole and Gigi left and took our stuff when we went skinny dipping." I told the boy.

"What? You're kidding." He said shocked, I could hear him getting up and start walking.

"I wish I was, can you just come-"

"Of course, I'll be right there." Was all he said before ending the call.

"He's coming." I turned back to the girls. "Now we wait." Taylor sighed, as we all took a seat on the side of the street.

~

We turned once we saw the bright car lights pull up. "Oh my god Bri, are you okay?" Jeremiah asked, running over to us.

I nodded, embarrassed by my lack of clothes. We stood up from our seats, wrapping the sheet around us tighter.

"What are you doing here?" Taylor asked Conrad who was also walking toward us.

"Nicole she uhm gave me your guys clothes." He replied holding up a plastic bag and handing it to us.

"I hope you told her to watch her back." Taylor shot back annoyed. "Um can you just-" I began motioning for the boys to hold the sheet so we could change. "Oh yea-" "Yeah-" They answered back nervously.

We changed back into our clothes awkwardly, "Guys is it okay if you two go with Conrad?" I asked the two.

"Yes are you kidding me? One thousand percent yes." Taylor smiled, while Belly nodded. We ended up going our separate ways and I got inside of the car with Jeremiah. "So the ball?" He began.

"Are you sure you want to go Jere, I know you swore off going?" I turned to him, giving him my full attention.

"You know I'd do anything for you, even if it means learning some stupid dances." He said softly, locking eyes with mine for a brief second.

A comfortable silence returned and I played with my fingers not knowing what to say.

"Uhm hey can you pull over?" I asked spontaneously. "Yeah, sure." He nodded, pulling the car up to the side of the road.

We both took off our seatbelts and I turned to face him. "Thank you for coming to get me." I smiled at him, brushing a stray hair out of my face. "Bri, I'll always come and get you." His response made my cheeks turn a bright pink.

I moved my gaze down to his lips then back to his eyes.

That's when I noticed he did the same.

We simultaneously began to move towards each other. "Can you hear that?" I asked him nervously.

"Hear what?" He asked confused. "My hearts pounding." I let out with a small laugh. I grabbed his hand moving it to my chest, right over my heart. "Yeah, it's beating really fast." He whispered, looking at my lips again. I smiled, leaning into the boy.

This time when our lips met it began soft and slow, but began to speed up. I tangled my hands in his hair, trying to pull him impossibly closer. Our kiss was filled with desire, and all I knew was that I wanted more.

A new feeling was spreading throughout me, my body craved him. I guided his hand that was on my heart lower, letting him know it was okay.

"Are you sure?" He pulled away worried.

"I'm sure." I whispered back, flashing him a small smile. Jeremiah nodded, leaning back in to kiss me again.

~

The next few days consisted of me attempting to teach Jeremiah the deb ball dances.

We laughed and had so much fun, I never wanted this summer to end. "I'm not that bad, am I?" He asked, as I wrapped my hands around his neck.

We danced softly to a beat that was playing on the radio.

He wrapped his arms around my neck, as we swayed side to side at a slow place. "You're amazing Jere." I grinned, seriously doubting that there is a moment in time where I will be happier that I was now.

I leaned my head against his shoulder. "I love you." He whispered against my ear. My eyes widened as I pulled away to look at him. "What-"

"I've always loved you Bri, don't look so surprised." He chuckled, gazing deeply into my eyes.

"It just feels different now." Jeremiah added.

"I love you Jeremiah, I always will." I told him, putting at much meaning as I could into those words. His eyes sparked with something that I now knew as love. I leaned in to kiss his cheek, before leaning my head on his shoulder again.

Tomorrow was the debutante ball and I was sure it was going to be the best night of my life.

word count: 1098
Thank you guys for reading! I hope you enjoyed, don't forget to leave a vote and/or comment!🤍