chapter thirteen

"So I take it you haven't asked Jeremiah to be your escort?" Steven asked me as we walked into the country club.

"Not yet and lower your voice we haven't really told anyone but you." I hushed him.

"He doesn't want you telling people you're together?" He asked confused.

"Well he didn't say that, I just really haven't had the chance to talk to him about us." I told him, causing him to nod. "I'm going to go find Shayla, will you be okay on your own?" Steven asked me concerned.

"I'll be fine Stevie, I'm not ten anymore." I told him annoyed. "Yeah, but you still act like it sometimes." He smirked, running away before I had a chance to say anything.

"Fucking Steven." I cussed under my breath.

"Attention, everyone. Please welcome our debutante, waltz instructor, Ms.Covington. All the way from Ms.Covington's School of Ballroom Dancing in Newton." The group began clapping at the introduction.

"Thank you Paige, as you all know the waltz is the most highly anticipated at the ball, so please join your partners." I shuffled in place, not knowing exactly what to do.

I turned around to see Nicole and Belly dancing together, at least I wasn't the only one who hadn't asked someone to be my escort.

However, I was the only one who was alone which made me feel ten times worse.

I followed the instructions given by Ms.Covington, dancing alone. "Now, that we have the steps, let's pick up the pace." Ms.Covington told the group.

"You look adorable dancing alone." I heard a voice say from behind me.

"Do I?" I turned to see Jeremiah smirking. "Yeah, but you would look even better dancing with me." He said, taking my arms in his. Jeremiah whistled in Steven's direction, as he tossed him his jacket to cover up.

"Okay, Harry Styles." I joked, as we began dancing along to the waltz. "Hey Alexa, play so pretty." He winked at me, the new music quickly cutting off the old song.

"Jeremiah oh my god-" I laughed, as he started dancing with everyone cheering him on. I covered my face with my hands, peeking at him from in between my fingers.

He took off his suit jacket, swinging it in the air before throwing it in my direction.

It wasn't long before everyone starting dancing.

I moved closer to Jeremiah, wrapping my arms around his neck, smiling as we danced to the song. "This is more of my style.." He dragged, taking my hand and spinning me around.

"You're a dork." I shook my head with a grin. "Yeah, but I'm your dork." He smiled, making me laugh at the overly used line.

"What is going on here?" Paige asked strictly, turning Alexa off.  Everyone immediately froze as we looked at the upset woman. "Jeremiah Fisher, why aren't you at the pool?" She questioned, making me stifle a laugh. "We had a code brown, yeah, and we lost the keys to the supply closet." He made up an excuse quickly, surprising me.

She opened her binder, tossing a set of keys to Jeremiah. He caught them, nodding to her before turning in my direction.

"Catch you later babe." He whispered, moving to run out of the building.

~

It wasn't long before the practice ended and we were free to leave.

I decided to stay at the club a little longer and hang out by the pool. "Hey Steven, can you pass me a bag of chips, oh and a lemonade?" I begged, walking to sit on the chairs near the bar.

"Aye aye captain." He saluted, leaving to grab what I requested.

"So I'm guessing you stayed to watch your boyfriend hard at work?" Jeremiah came up behind me, hugging me. "Maybe, maybe not." I teased, he walked over to sit next to me.

"Here you go m'lady." Steven came back, passing me the snacks. "You're amazing." I told the boy, taking a sip from my lemonade.

"Chips, don't mind if I do." Jeremiah said, opening the bag and grabbing a few. "Jere those were-" I was cut off by Gigi and Dara who came up to the bar. "Steven can we have two slushies please?" Gigi asked.

"Yeah, yeah coming up ladies." He nodded, walking off to grab the girls their drinks.

"Uhm that was the most fun waltz rehearsal in the history of waltz rehearsals!" Gigi began placing a hand on Jeremiah's shoulder.

I tensed as Dara agreed with the girl. "You came just in time, Bri's a disaster in heels." I shuffled awkwardly, did they not know I was right here.

"You know, Bri's actually a good dancer, the waltz is just dumb." He defended, moving his hand to take mine in his. The girls immediately got quiet and I tried to hide my smile as Steven handed them their drinks.

"What's their deal?" Steven asked as they walked away.

"Well uh Gigi wants a boyfriend and Dara bit me once." He said, taking more chips from my bag. "She bit you?" I asked the boy with a raised eyebrow.

"Mhmhm." His voice was muffled by the chips in his mouth.

"Steven, someone important most like you, because you've been promoted to cardroom." A man said coming up to Steven. I leaned over to Jeremiah whispering, "There's a cardroom?" causing him to shrug.

Steven began to walk away, waving goodbye to us. "Well, I'm gonna go. I promised Reign I'd go with him to this dolphin watching thing." I told the boy, standing up from my seat.

"You're gonna leave me all alone?" He pouted.

"Awh don't do that." I said, moving to walk over between his legs, squishing his cheeks lightly. "I'll see you tonight, okay?" I reassured him.

"Okay." He smiled.

Should I kiss him before I leave? I thought to myself. Maybe, he doesn't like pda, who am I kidding it's Jeremiah.

My inner dialogue was cut off by Jeremiah wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in. Our lips met and I couldn't help the little fireworks that lit up in my stomach.

I felt him smile into the kiss, making me do the same. "See you later girlfriend." He teased, brushing a strand of hair away from my face.

"See you later boyfriend." I replied, placing one last kiss to his cheek before walking away to go meet Reign.

word count: 1086
Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed this chapter! Like always, vote and leave a comment for support!🤍