Part 22

It was a 3 hour ride to Namjoon's parent's home. His dad wanted a lakeside retirement home, so it was towards the outskirts of the city near the countryside. As you reached closer to their house unknowingly you started feeling uneasy for some reason.

"You okay?" Hobi asked once he noticed your change in behavior, "I just have a feeling that something really bad is about to happen" you replied, playing with your wedding ring. He just held your hand and his warm hand holding your cold ones was somewhat comforting "calm down, we all are meeting with them after 2 years, trust you will love them" he said. For the rest of the ride he kept distracting you by constantly talking about random things. As you neared their house the uneasy feeling inside you kept on growing, but you tried to keep it together noticing how excited everyone was in order to meet Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

Once you reached there, you noticed how calm this place was. It was quiet, but the sound of water flowing from the nearby river made it peaceful. Hearing all your cars outside Mr. and Mrs. Kim came outside to greet you. "Hello kids" Mrs. Kim said "Auntyyyy.." Aera yelled and hugged Mrs Kim while Namjoon greeted his dad.

Hobi held your hand and went towards them to greet them "look who we have here" Mr. Kim said and hugged Hobi "you must be Yn right?" he said pulling away from the hug, "hello uncle, nice to meet you" you greeted with your signature fake smile "same here dear" Mrs. Kim replied. "Mom we all should go inside" Namjoon said and everyone followed him inside. Since it was still evening Mrs. Kim served everyone juice along with snacks while everyone chatted. After dinner Mrs. Kim brought out the family album because everyone wanted to see some old pics of Namjoon as he didn't have any back in his dorm. "This one is from his pre school, I still remember how much he used to cry while going to school" she said, passing one of the pics along making everyone laugh.

"Mrs. Kim can I ask you something?" you finally broke your silence. "What?" she asked "you had so many pictures of Namjoon but none of your first child?" you asked in a low voice. Everyone grew silent at your question because they knew that Mrs. Kim's first child was a case of stillbirth and she needed to take therapy for a long time to get over the death of Namjoon's elder sister.

"Yn what are you talking about?" Hobi asked you sternly but in a low voice, "what? I am just asking about their eldest child, I just wanted to know where she is?" you said, shrugging your shoulder.

"Yn please shut up" Namjoon said. You just ignored him and asked Mrs. Kim again "why didn't you invite your daughter?" you asked her again "Yn d-dear I don't think you know this but Namjoon's elder sister was stillborn" Mr. Kim said.

His statement just made you laugh. Everyone in the room just gave you a look that you needed to shut up because you were creating an unnecessary scene. You ignored all of their stares and went over to your purse kept on the other end of the room "you know I find you story of stillbirth really funny, like seriously, who would even believe it" you said while trying to find something in your bag. "YN enough, if you can't respect my parents then I will be asking you to leave" Namjoon said getting up from his seat. "Trust me I don't want to stay here either...... where tf did I keep it?" you whispered the last part under your breath "aah! Found it, here" you said, taking a folded paper from your bag and handing it over to him. Once he unfolds the paper the expression on his face changes from anger to shock.

"Namjoon what is it?" Mr. Kim asked. You took the paper from his hands and gave it to Mr. and Mrs. Kim. the paper was a photograph after Mrs. Kim gave Birth to YOU along with your father Mr. Choi in the hospital.