SS. 3 - Ichinose Honami: A Fateful Encounter

Like people all around Japan, I became aware of the institution known as the White Room, a dark place that has fortunately shut down ever since news about it broke out.

How can people treat children like that?

Who do they think they are?

I feel stupid for regretting some actions I did in the past. What I did, what I suffered, how I lived, doesn't even compare to what those poor children went through.

Out of all those children, one apparently stood out.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

Apparently, he lived up to the expectations of the White Room instructors effortlessly, even surpassing their expectations by miles, and making exponential progress as he grew up.

He was part of the Fourth Generation. The news reporters called this generation the Demonic Fourth Generation. They said there were three reasons.

First of all, the curriculum was way more difficult that that of the previous three generations.

Second of all, the punishments were much more severe and frequent.

And finally, third of all, a demon came out of this generation. At least that's what they all say. A demon hidden in a human body. A human that has lost all emotions and ability to feel things. That human, was Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. It was said that when the other students were being punished, he didn't even bother looking at them, not showing the slightest sign of sympathy. He also scored full marks on every single one of his exams ever since he lost those emotions.

He has hence earned the nickname of "Masterpiece of the White Room".

That has led me to think. Was he always unable to feel things, or did he lose them over the course of his life in the White Room?

Or, even worse, did he intentionally decide to let go of his feelings, so that he could come out on top of his generation?

Yikes...

That last thought scares me, but, actually, I kind of want to meet him. What is he really like? How does he behave? Is he really a demon? A masterpiece? An artificial genius?

********

Today was the first day of school. I'm attending Tokyo's Advanced Nurturing High School.

This school is amazing. The campus is huge, it contains literally everything one can think of.

However, today, there was only one thing that caught everyone's attention.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is attending this school.

At first, I couldn't believe it. What is someone like him doing here? Then, one of my friends showed me a picture of him. I don't know how she got that picture, since he wasn't even in our class. I must say though, I didn't expect him to look this... handsome.

I'm now at the dormitory, I just got my keycard and I'm now in the elevator alongside another girl, heading for the 11th floor.

I couldn't believe who entered the elevator. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

He was heading for the fourth floor. He stood in front of us, so I stared at him with curiosity, it seems like the other girl did the same. He seems... quite normal. I mean he's human after all, right? What could go wrong if I talk to him?

By the time I was done thinking, the other girl left on the third floor, leaving me alone with him.

Here goes nothing...

"Um... are you Ayanokouji Kiyotaka?"

Is he going to respond?

"Yes."

Wow, he actually responded... Wait, what am I thinking? Of course he responded, Honami, you started talking to him you idiot!

"Um... well, my name is Ichinose Honami from Class B, it's nice to meet you Ayanokouji-kun. I hope we can get along!"

Was that too much? Did I make him uncomfortable?

"Likewise. Pleasure meeting you, Ichinose."

I smiled. It seems like he wasn't that bad. My first impression of him was... good! I really hope we can get along and who knows? Maybe even become friends!

"We'll, I'll see you around, Ayanokouji-kun!"

"Likewise."

He kind of sucks at conversations though.

With that, he left the elevator. My first encounter with him was... a success! Hopefully our relationship starts here, I want to become good friends with him!

********

I went out with my friends that afternoon and had fun! We decided to stop by the convenience store before parting ways, and, surprisingly, we bumped into Ayanokouji-kun!

My friends Yume and Mako teased me after I started talking to him. It's not like that! How can I already have a crush on someone I just met?

This is Ayanokouji-kun we're talking about. The guy that was all over the news! I mean, he is handsome, and cute, and hot, and smart, and probably athletic, and also handsome... but that's not the point! I just want to be friends with him and help him since he had such a rough childhood! I want to know how he felt, what he was thinking when he was in the White Room.

At first, I was a bit scared of talking to him, but now, after having a nice conversation with him and my friends, I'm convinced I can get along with him. We even exchanged contact information! The past doesn't matter, right? The past is in the past, as they say. I want to enjoy the present, and get to know all sorts of people, including Ayanokouji-kun!

Plus, I'm sure, even if I were to like him though...

He would be unable to have those same feelings for me.

But even so... maybe I want to teach him those feelings.

********

Author's Notes

Three short stories in a day, what the hell has gotten into me?

Well, it is summer vacation and I have nothing better to do, so enjoy this as a small gift from Consistent-Author-San ᕙ(▀̿̿ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿) ᕗ

Chapter 2 will start tomorrow, hope you're looking forward to it!