Chapter 6.5 - A New Era

The day after the Sports Festival, I noticed that the class' morale significantly dropped. Just when the class was starting to reunite after my apparent betrayal, Horikita went and made things worse.

When class had ended for the day, I received a message from Manabu.

[The presidential inauguration event will be held on Friday, in three days, at precisely 2 PM. The date will be announced imminently. I look forward to hearing your speech.]

In three days, Manabu will give a farewell speech to mark the end of his presidential term, and I will give my first speech in front of the entire student body.

As I left the classroom, I received an email from the school.

On Friday, a presidential inauguration event will be held at 2 PM. Student Council President Horikita Manabu will give a farewell speech. Upcoming Student Council President Ayanokouji Kiyotaka will also give a speech. All students from all three years are required to attend this event. Any absences will be penalized accordingly.

When I was heading back to my room, I was thinking about what I should say for my speech. That was when I bumped into Arisu, Kamuro and Hashimoto.

"Fufufu hello there, President Ayanokouji."

"Hey King."

"Hello, Ayanokouji."

The three of them greeted me.

"Hello Arisu, Hashimoto, Kamuro. Arisu, don't call me President, I'm not even officially President yet."

"I suppose I do prefer Kiyotaka. You were quite impressive during the final relay race, weren't you?"

"You beat the President Horikita by a landslide, I couldn't believe my eyes."

"I guess it was an adrenaline rush."

"Fufufu... that excuse would only work in an alternative timeline where nobody knows who you are, Kiyotaka."

"Yeah, like we're supposed to believe that."

"Are you ready for your speech, King?"

"I still need to think about what I'll say."

"I see."

"Well, we'll be looking forward to hearing your wise words, Kiyotaka."

Kamuro and Hashimoto agreed.

We continued our conversation until we all arrived at the dormitory. We prepared to part ways.

"Kiyotaka, can I come to your room? There are things I want to talk to you about."

"Hm? Okay."

"Take care, Masumi and Hashimoto. I'll see you tomorrow."

Arisu and I parted ways with Kamuro and Hashimoto, who gave me a thumbs up. We quickly arrived at my room.

Arisu sat on my bed as I went to prepare some drinks.

"What would you like? Coffee or tea?"

"Coffee. Thank you very much, Kiyotaka."