Chapter 3.4 - Inexplicable Curiosity

"Sensei."

"What is it again, Ayanokouji?"

"I want to ask you something."

"Again, what is it?"

"I'll pay you points to change Ike and Yamauchi's English scores to one below the passing grade."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. Of course, that's if they already failed in the first place. That's fine, right? I would just be buying them points."

"I suppose so. I don't know what you're doing, but I'll take you up on that offer. You'll need to sign a contract though. If they pass, I won't change their grades and you won't have to transfer any points. If they do fail, I'll change their grades, and you'll have to pay the required amount. I'll let you know that 1 point is worth 100,000 points. Understood?"

"Yeah, sounds good. Thanks, Sensei. Also, I have one more thing to say."

I left the room after ending my conversation with her and after signing the contract.

********

"What? I failed?!" Ike screamed.

"But I thought 32 was the passing grade! This is so unfair!" Yamauchi said.

"Are you guys really that stupid? I even told you hold the passing grade was calculated. Did you really think that the passing grade would miraculously be 32 every time. Of course it's not, you morons. This time, the average score for the English exam was 82, so the passing grade was 41. Both of you are one point from passing."

"Wait... this can't be happening... Am I already going to leave the school?" Ike said.

"No way! I refuse to believe this!" Yamauchi agreed.

"Sensei?" Hirata asked, "Is there no way we can help them?"

"There is, Hirata. But that's for you to figure out. You have until the end of homeroom. If you fail to do so, I'll confirm the results to the school, and their expulsion would be inevitable, understood?"

"Yes, but... I have no idea."

"Sensei, how much does one point cost?" I asked.

Chabashira-sensei smiled.

"As expected of you, Ayanokouji. Indeed, this is currently the only way for you to avoid their expulsion. I said this before, anything can be bought at this school, including test points. I must let you know that one point isn't cheap."

"It doesn't matter! I'll pay for it!" Hirata said.

"One test point cost 100,000 points, you'll need 200,000 to avoid both of their expulsion."

Hirata stood there, silent, speechlesss, hopeless.

"I-I don't have enough..."

"That's so expensive..."

"That's one hundred times the amount I have..."

"Jeez... it's their fault they can't even pass with answer sheets."

Of course, they all spent their points like idiots. Even Hirata who had saved up didn't have anywhere near the 200,000 points required. Even if they were to combine their points, they might not even have 100,000. Even if that were to be the case, most of the students don't want to sacrifice their valuable points.

But the only one who had enough points to save both of them, Horikita, was absent today.

It's exactly just like I planned.