SS. 9 - The Aftermath

"Ayanokouji! Are you okay?"

"We were so worried about you!"

"Hirata told us what happened, I hope you're alright!"

After parting ways with Arisu, I head over to the cruise ship's deck to meet up with the other students.

"I'm fine. Good job on finishing the exam."

"Yeah, we finished second place," Kushida said, "After Hirata told us about your injury, we decided that we wouldn't let you down."

"Yeah! He told us that you got injured by Ibuki, seems like she really was a spy!"

"We're closing the gap between us and Class C!"

"It seems like you predicted everything!"

It seemed like Hirata told everyone the details of my plan.

"I'm honestly lost for words... Every time... you creep me out even more," Horikita said.

After everyone finished exchanging words, I started to head back to my room. Class D's morale had gotten a big boost. They were all motivated to do their best in hopes of climbing the ranks.

"Hey! Ayanokouji-kun!"

Ichinose called out to me as I was walking up the stairs. Alongside her was Kanzaki and a few other Class B students.

"Oh hey, Ichinose!"

"Hey hey, if it isn't Ayanokouji-kun!" Amikura said.

"Hey!" Kobashi followed up.

"Hello, Ayanokouji," Kanzaki said in a dry tone.

"Thanks for giving us advice on the island, Ayanokouji-kun! The truth is, the day after you came to visit us, a Class C student came to our base camp, saying that he got into a fight with his class," Ichinose said.

"Ichinose was a little hesitant in letting him join our base camp, but I flat out rejected him," Kanzaki continued, "Then, after a few days, he heard about the incident where Ibuki attacked you."

"Yeah, it seems like you helped us dodge a missile," Ichinose chuckled.

"I suppose I should thank you for once, seems like Totsuka was really the leader of Class A too," Kanzaki agreed.

"It's part of our alliance, isn't it? Congratulations on surpassing Class A, by the way."

"Thanks! You guys started catching up to Class C, too! Seems like we all did pretty well on this exam."

"Yeah, anyway, I'll be going now. I need to rest up a bit."

"Oh yeah, how's your injury?"

"Nothing too serious. The doctor said it'll fully heal in a few days."

"That's good then. Well, see you later Ayanokouji-kun! We have one week of fun on the cruise ship, let's all enjoy it to the fullest!"

"Why don't you invite him on a date, Honami?" Amikura teased her.

"Mako-chan!!"

"Hehe~ if you don't, someone else probably will, you know. Who doesn't want to go on a date with Ayanokouji-kun? Anyways, bye bye Ayanokouji-kun!" she responded.

"Bye bye!" Kobashi said.

"Take care, Ayanokouji," Kanzaki said as he gave me a thumbs up.

"See you guys soon," I bid them farewell.

"Yo, King."

I really can't catch a break.

"What's up, Hashimoto?"

"Seems like it all worked out the way you wanted, eh?"

"More or less. How did your class react?"

"Well, they all questioned Katsuragi's decision making, many started doubting him and abandoned the Katsuragi Fraction."

"I guess it's just like Arisu predicted, huh?"

"Yeah, but it wouldn't have been done with your efforts. You're something else, Ayanokouji. If you need anything, you know how to contact me."

"I do. Thanks."

Indeed, I had exchanged contact information with Hashimoto and Kamuro the day we met in the library.

"Do you know where Sakayanagi is?" he asked me.

"If I were to guess, she's probably in her room. She invited me there to watch the results of the exam."

"I see how it is. Well, I'll probably head over there with Kamuro now. Rest well, King," he said as he left.

"I will."

A newly-promoted Class A set on keeping their spot. A newly-demoted Class B who'll want to make a comeback. A Class C thirsty for revenge. A Class D determined to rise up and show their worth.

I look forward to what the future will bring.