Chapter 5.5 - All Eyes On Me

Before the Zodiac Exam, these were the class rankings:

Class A - 1331 cp
Class B - 1232 cp
Class C - 617 cp
Class D - 316 cp

The new class rankings after the special exam were the following:

Class A - 1181 cp (- 150 cp)
Class B - 1232 cp (+ 0 cp)
Class C - 867 cp (+ 250 cp)
Class D - 216 cp (- 100 cp)

Which meant that Arisu's Class B took back their original Class A spot.

The gap between Class D and the other classes grew even bigger as Class C got closer to Class B

But the class rankings weren't really my concern.

Kushida did what I told her to do. She told everyone in Class D that I admitted to being the traitor, although she was the traitor.

She was obviously confused as to why I would go to such lengths.

Kushida is a useful pawn. However, I can't use her if she doesn't trust me. I'll make her slowly but surely trust me. Then, I'll dispose of her when she least expects it.

It was already the day after the class meeting. Today would've been the third day of the exam, but the exam had already ended, which is also why we were given a few extra days of free time on the cruise ship. The school told us that we would be back in Tokyo in three days' time.

I went to sleep last night after leaving the main deck. When I woke up, my roommates were still asleep, it seemed like they didn't bother to wake me up last night.

When I turned on my phone, I saw that I had received a lot of messages. Many didn't want to believe that I was the traitor, and asked me for confirmation.

Horikita

10:32 PM

[Are you really the traitor?]
[I don't believe it]

6:43 AM

[So Kushida told you guys, huh?]
[Seems like word got out]
[Yes, I am the traitor]

I left Horikita alone and opened the Ayanokouji Group group chat.

Ayanokouji Group

10:12 PM

[Kiyopon... is it true?]
[Are you really the traitor?](Haruka)

[There's no way]
[Right?](Airi)

[He's not responding]
[...](Akito)

[Maybe he's sleeping?](Ken)

[Maybe he's ignoring our messages :( ](Haruka)

[Let's wait until he responds](Airi)

[Airi's right](Akito)

[Yeah, let's do that](Ken)

[Okay...](Haruka)

6:45 AM

[What Kushida said was true]
[I am the traitor]

I decided to head out before my roommates woke up.

I went to a café to get myself a cup of coffee. There were a few people there that all noticed me. I sensed nothing unusual from their looks so I'm guessing the word hasn't spread outside of Class D yet, although that will inevitably happen this morning when everyone wakes up. For now, I suppose I'll enjoy the remaining moments of my somewhat peaceful life in Class D.