Chapter 12

A/n for one of the scenes: ik guys can have periods but this is in the 1970's and i don't think trans people were even really known about and def not accepted. It's totally cool to be trans- go you! But this chapter has slight suggestions(???) of transphobia (in reality it's just them not knowing of transgender existence)

Getting caught is the worst part when you help your darling friends plan a prank.

They needed help coming up with an idea; you helped them.

You weren't caught, you didn't do the actual prank. All you did was come up with it.

Remus and Peter didn't get caught.

Remus decided to sit this one out, saying he simply could not.

Peter managed to hide when someone came, motioning for James and Sirius to as well.

Sirius did not see him, James did. James panicked and pushed Sirius roughly against a wall right behind a pillar.

McGonagall saw them anyway.

~~~<>~~~

"That time of the month, mate?" Sirius asks Remus.

Remus gives a nod.

You frown, "Remus has a period?"

"No??" Peter says, "what?? Why would he have a period?"

"I dunno, Sirius said his 'time of the month'."

"But he's a guy..." James says, "a guy can't have a period."

"I don't know!" You defend yourself, "I have no context."

Remus sighs, "it's nothing big."

Sirius snorts, "right."

And a glare from Remus is sent into your brothers direction.

"I'm curious." You say, "but... if you don't want to talk about it- I'll respect that."

"Thank you." Remus says.

~~~<>~~~

You watch as a howler flies down to meet your brothers clenched fists and wide eyes.

He watches it fall as well.

He stares at it for a moment, and then looks at you.

You both know who it's from.

And he picks it up.

So many people stare; knowing what it is.

And when Sirius opens it, everyone notices.

"SIRIUS BLACK." Your mothers voice shouts, "A PRANK? YOU NEARLY GOT YOURSELF EXPELLED FOR A SILLY PRANK? WE CANNOT HANDLE THIS BEHAVIOR ANYMORE. FIRST YOU BETRAY YOUR BLOODLINE, YOUR HERITAGE, AND BECOME BOTH A BLOOD TRAITOR AND A GRYFFINDOR AND NOW YOU NEARLY GET YOURSELF EXPELLED BECAUSE YOURE PULLING PRANKS. I HAVE BEEN KIND AND UNDERSTANDING."

Lies.

"AND YOU DO ALL OF THIS? BOTH YOUR FATHER AND I AM FULLY TIRED OF IT AND I HAVE NO DOUBT EVERYONE ELSE IS AS WELL! I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER. THAT IS NO LONGER SO. I DISOWN YOU, AND I WILL MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT MY SON AND NOR ARE YOU ORION'S. YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE A MEMBER OF THE NOBEL HOUSE OF BLACK."

The howler explodes.

Complete silence.

And then Sirius grins, "finally! They sucked, anyway." He laughs and jabs James in the side, "I suppose you could adopt me now, aye mate?"