▲ INFJ - The Advocate ▲

Scoring as an INFJ means that your personality type is best described as Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging. Sometimes referred to as the "Advocate" or the "Idealist," people with this personality type often feel misunderstood.

Perhaps it's because INFJ is the rarest MBTI personality type, making up only 1% to 3% of the U.S. population. Or maybe it's because they're walking, talking contradictions. INFJs are easy-going perfectionists. They're both logical and emotional, creative and analytical.

Key Characteristics 

Compassionate: With their strong sense of intuition and emotional understanding, INFJs can be soft-spoken and empathetic. This does not mean that they are pushovers, however. INFJs have deeply held beliefs and the ability to act decisively to get what they want.

Helper: INFJ personality type can form strong, meaningful connections with other people. They enjoy helping others, but they also need time and space to recharge.

Idealist: What sets the INFJ apart is their ability to translate their idealism into action. They don't just dream about changing the world—they make it happen.

Organized: People with an INFJ personality type like to exert control by planning, organizing, and making decisions as early as possible.

Both emotional and logical: When making decisions, INFJs place a greater emphasis on their  than objective facts. But this doesn't mean they see the world through rose-colored glasses. INFJs understand the world, both the good and the bad, and hope to be able to make it better.

Strengths

Sensitive to the needs of others

Reserved

Highly creative and artistic

Focused on the future

Values close, deep relationships

Enjoys thinking about the meaning of life

Idealistic

Weaknesses

Can be overly sensitive

Sometimes difficult to get to know

Can have overly high expectations

Stubborn

Dislikes confrontation

Cognitive Function

Dominant: Introverted Intuition

INFJs tend to be highly focused on their opinions. Once they have formed an intuition about something, INFJs tend to stick to it very tightly, often to the point of being single-minded in their focus. INFJs are sometimes viewed as stubborn and unyielding. 

Auxiliary: Extraverted Feeling

INFJs are highly aware of what other people are feeling but are sometimes less aware of their own emotions.  They are so attuned to what other people are feeling that they fear causing disappointment or hurt feelings.

Tertiary: Introverted Thinking

INFJs based on ideas and theories that they form based on their own insights.

INFJs rely primarily on their introverted intuition and extroverted feeling when making decisions, particularly when they are around other people.

 When alone, however, people with this personality type may rely more on their introverted thinking. 

In stressful situations, an INFJ might try to rely on emotions when making decisions,. Under less stressful conditions, an INFJ is more likely to rely on intuition.

Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

While this is a less developed and largely unconscious aspect of the INFJ, it does have an impact on personality. 

This aspect of personality helps INFJs pay attention to the world around them and stay aware of their surroundings. 

Extroverted sensing also helps INFJs act, rather than simply worry about the future. This aspect of personality also helps INFJs appreciate physical activities such as hiking and dancing.

INFJs You Might Know

Oprah Winfrey

Martin Luther King, Jr

Atticus Finch (To KIll A Mocking Bird)

Carl Jung

Taylor Swift

Lady Gaga

Remus Lupin (Harry Potter)

Adam Sandler

Adolf Hitler

Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

Popular INFJ Careers

Artist

Actor

Entrepreneur

Religious worker

Musician

Librarian

Counselor

Psychologist

Writer

Teacher

Photographer