The Marines

"Good evening gentleman. If you follow me to the kitchen, we can talk but the kids are currently sleeping so if we could keep it down I would appreciate that." Jackson said.

"Of course. I spoke to you on the phone. I am Sergeant Major Julius Lachlan and this is Master Sergeant Daniel Cayson and First Sergeant Brent Ruiz. We are from the Washington D.C. marine base." He said as they came in.

"Please let me know if you need anything. I have water, coffee, tea and snacks if anyone is hungry." Jackson said, leading them into the kitchen where LJ was sitting.

"Thank you, we are okay for now, we may like some later. So let's start at the beginning. What brought you to calling us." Julius said.

Jackson started the tale about how his son is overseas right now and his wife and either year old daughter were living nearby. He knows that Shannon was involved in some kind of case but he was never told what and the kids did not know. He told them all of Harry's story ending with not knowing who to call because the kids didn't trust NIS to keep them safe.

"That is definitely worrying and you were right to reach out for help. I know the director and SECNAV so I will call them and see if I can get some more information." Julius said, taking out his phone.

"Thank you, I'm going to go check on the children while you make the call. Help yourselves to anything in the kitchen if you need to." Jackson said. He got up to check on the kids seeing them both asleep. He adjusted Harry's position so his neck won't hurt as bad in the morning.

"Okay so I have some more information on the case. Shannon was a witness to a murder by cartel member Pedro Hernandez, who killed a Marine, and was put into protective custody with Kelly the daughter. They found the agent and the accident after the agent failed to check in at the designated time. They have been looking all over for Kelly worried she was kidnapped. Director Tom Morrow is going to come out here tomorrow morning and help us." Sergeant Major Lachlan said.

"I am also worried about Harry. He said he was on a walk when he saw everything so at the very least he is going to need therapy. His family was in the motel that they left so he does not know what happened to his relatives. I also am worried that his relatives may have been abusive to him. He had to use his shirt to help Kelly so I can see he is covered in scars, brushes, cuts and lashes on his back that are getting infected. I need to get the kids medical help now." Jackson said. He beckoned the sergeant major to follow him and showed him what he was talking about with Harry's back which was towards them.

"We will look into it. I'll ask Tom to bring a doctor with him and one of the agency therapists. I can see what you mean with the scars." Julius said. He made note of the ones he could see, even the weird one of the kid's forehead.

They went into the kitchen where the other two were and made sure that they had the notes of everything they needed. Jackson gave them each a glass of water and put some cheese and crackers on the table. Jackson decided to call it a night until tomorrow so with the help of Daniel Cayson, they moved the kids into the spare room. The marines went with LJ for the night as he had extra rooms.

He settled in for a long night. Sleep did not come easy and he spent half the night going to check on the children until he decided to just put both kids in one bed and sleep in the other. Not very comfortable but he slept better knowing they were safe.

Harry woke up first the next morning. He laid still for a minute trying to figure out where he was. He held Kelly against him to protect her until he remembered where he was and relaxed. He looked around the room and saw Jackson sleeping. He got up carefully and made his way to the bathroom. He took a quick shower to get the dirt and blood off of him. Once he was clean he got out and saw some clothes on the counter by the sink.

After he did his morning routine he went downstairs. He started the coffee pot and looked at what there was to cook. He decided to make some pancakes with bacon for everyone. He was almost finished when Jackson and Kelly came down. They both looked freshly showered as well, wearing new clothes with Kelly's hair pulled back into a braid.

"Thanks lad, you did not need to make anything," Jackson said. He grabbed some coffee and brought the food to the table. Kelly sat next to Harry and leaned against him. She was quiet this morning but that was to be expected.

"I usually make breakfast, so I don't mind. I hope you like pancakes and bacon." Harry said as he leaned forward to get Kelly's plate ready. Once everyone had some, he made his own plate. About halfway through eating there was a knock on the door. Jackson got up and let in the marines from yesterday as well as two other men.

"Good morning gentlemen, we are just eating some breakfast if you want to join us at the table. We have coffee and some extra food I believe." Jackson said moving back to the dining room.

"Good morning, everyone. I'm going to introduce myself and then we can go around and introduce ourselves if that's alright. I am Sergeant Major Julius Lachlan. You can call me Julius." Julius is a tall man with honey blonde hair, blue eyes and the typical military crop haircut.

"I am Master Sergeant Daniel Cayson. You can call me Dan" Dan is about 5'10 with dark brown hair, brown eyes. He had a tattoo on his wrist that they could see but you can't tell further because of his clothing.

"My name is First Sergeant Brent Ruiz. You can call me Brent or Ruiz." Brent is about six foot tall, with dark almost black hair, hazel eyes, and a tanner skin tone indicating his Spanish descent.

"My name is Tom Morrow, and I am the director of NIS. You don't need to be scared kids; I am only here to help." Tom said when he saw Kelly lean into Harry more.

"My name is Doctor Donald Mallard, but you can call me Ducky. I work with Tom here in the Navy Yard NIS office. I have been working here for a while and help anyone I can when needed." Ducky is an older man, very short stature, with round glasses and a three-piece suit and bowtie on. He had permanent laugh lines on his face where you can tell he spent a lot of time smiling. He had a Scottish accent that made Harry think of Professor McGonagall.

"My name is Jackson Gibbs, and I am the father of Leroy Jethro Gibbs, this young lady's father. I own the Stillwater General Store. I am a veteran who served in the United States Army Air Force during World War II, flying in Europe as a P-51 Mustang pilot, including during the Allied Invasion of Normandy." Jackson said. Harry looked over at him with some surprise at being in the military.

"My name is Leroy Jethro Moore, but you can call me LJ. I have been friends with Jack for a long time and was in the United States Marine Corps during World War II, participating in the Battle of Iwo Jima as one of the first black Marine infantrymen. I received the Navy Cross for his actions during the battle, rescuing several members of his platoon under heavy fire. I am the namesake of Jack's son." LJ said. He was a big man with dark skin, buzzed black hair and dark eyes.

"My name is Harry Potter, and I am from Surrey, England. I am eleven years old, and my relatives are here on a vacation that my uncle's company gave him. I go to a boarding school in Scotland for most of the year. We were staying in the motel that Kelly and her mom were in as well." Harry said. He did not know what else to say. He fidgeted with the US Air force t-shirt Jackson gave him to wear rather than the clothes he had.

"My name is Kelly Gibbs, and I am eight years old. Mommy and I were hurt, and Harry brought me here to grandpa because I knew he would be safe." Kelly said simply. Jackson had said she could say anything she wanted to. If they had questions, they would ask them later.

"Alright now that we all know each other why don't we all finish up breakfast and then we can go to the living room where I want Ducky to look at the kids first." Julius said. He noticed that Kelly was developing a big bruise across her whole right side of her face, where she most likely hit the window.

Notes:

Do you want:
1. The whole Dursley fam dead.
2. Vernon dead and petunia alive?
3. Vernon and Petunia dead but Dudley alive?

A. Harry adopted by Gibbs
B. Harry fostered by Gibbs
C. Harry adopted by Snape so that he can later date Kelly.

Do we want a Harry/Kelly story or a Harry and Kelly as brother and sister story??