Professors Arrive

Notes:

I am sorry it is taking so long. I had a dream and started to write a new story telling myself I would not post this one until it was done. I am 10 chapters in and only have 3 left on that one then I was going to work more on this, then I felt bad I was not posting anything so here is an update.

Let me know what you think. Also let me know if you want me to upload the other story even though it is almost finished but not quite yet.

Chapter Text

The drive to the Navy Yard did not take as long as Severus thought it would. He talked to the agent about what the agency does. He found out that they work with the United States Navy and Marines. The agent Dwayne Pride talked about New Orleans when Minerva asked about his accent. They discussed the culture differences between the USA and England, even the differences between England and Scotland where the older woman was born and raised.

Pride in turn told them a little about the case.

"How did Harry get to the USA?" Minerva asked.

"He said he was vacationing here in Washington DC with his relatives. They had gone to Virginia Beach for the day and stopped at a motel on the way back. That is where he witnessed the accident." Pride explained.

"Is Harry injured at all?" Severus had asked.

"He hurt his hand when he tried to break the window of the car to get Kelly out. He has a brace on his arm. He was already seen at the hospital for any injuries he has." Pride made sure to clarify at the end.

"When can we take Harry back to England? School starts in a few weeks." Minerva asked.

"Until the individuals who are involved in the case are caught, Harry must stay with the Gibbs family in protective custody. We need your permission to get his official Statement. We don't anticipate the case to go on much longer. We have more than enough evidence now to put the group away." Pride said.

"I have paperwork listing his guardians that his parents left in their will. While at school Minerva is his guardian due to it being a boarding school. I have not looked at the list other than confirming that Minerva here is on the list." Severus said.

"We will need to copy that when we get to the office." Pride said. They spent the rest of the drive talking about different things from what they enjoyed doing to more about Harry from what they knew. Some of the things the agent had said that Harry did to escape with Kelly really did not surprise the professors. They hoped he did not use magic but would not blame him if he needed to.

They pulled into the parking garage where they went through security. Minerva followed the instructions while watching everything Severus was doing. She had never gone through a metal detector before. Luckily their wands were under notice-me-not charms so that they did not have to bring them out. They easily passed through a scan of their items, mostly consisting of a passport, some loose change for Severus and the paperwork about Harry.

"We will meet in the conference room first and make sure the paperwork is legal. My team lead Supervisory Special Agent Mike Franks will be meeting with you. Follow me upstairs." Pride said. He led them to the elevator where they rode up a few floors to the bullpen. Severus had to keep the sneer off his face when he saw the orange walls. Minerva was looking around in amazement at how much the muggles are able to do. She is not one who looks down on muggles, however she does not always see the advancement in technology like mobile phones.

"It is very colorful here." Minerva said.

"Yeah, I do not know who decided that orange was a good color for the walls. Okay we are going to be in conference room one, up the stairs there." Pride said. He was used to being asked about the orange walls. He knows that it is a bit weird, but he liked to think that it makes NIS more memorable, who could forget the agency with orange walls.