Jethro Meets Harry

Notes:

Let me know what you think of this chapter. Next chapter is what happened to the Dursley's

Chapter Text

Harry was slightly hiding behind Julius when the door opened. He was still wary about trusting adults but Julius had protected him and helped him once already. He had dropped the toy he was playing with and ran to hide behind Julius when he heard the buzzer go off.

He saw three men enter the room. One was an agent he had met yesterday who had a funny accent. Tom said he was from New Orleans so that is where the accent is from. Harry had thought that all Americans had the same accent so he got into a good conversation with the agent about it. They had pointed out that like the different regions in Europe had different accents, so did the United States. He was trying to remember what his name was.

"What was the agent's name again?" Harry whispered into Julius' ear from behind.

"Agent Dwayne Pride" He whispered back, turning his head towards the boy.

Harry watched as the second man, a tall man wearing a military uniform. The jacket was a dark navy blue or black color with red accents. There were two shoulder straps as well that were the same Navy blue. The pants matched the top of the uniform. The Hat was a crisp white color that left Harry wondering how they were able to get it to remain so white. The left side of his chest was full of colorful ribbons that Harry had no idea what they meant but he knew they were achievements. He also had patches on his sleeves with one gold line above another shape. (I do not know how to describe this ahh... I will put an image at the end of the uniform I am referencing. It is the Lieutenant Colonel enlisted uniform.)

The other man was fairly tall and was wearing a tan military uniform. The tan camouflage is probably used in the desert if Harry were to guess. He had short cropped hair and shockingly blue eyes. Harry knew this must be Kelly's Daddy when he saw her run to him. He watched with some jealousy at how her daddy easily scooped up Kelly. Holding her close and checking her over. He was left to wonder if that is what James would have been like when he came home from school.

He looked away to look around the room again. The other man was talking with Tom who had gotten up from his desk to come around. Tom had motioned towards Harry and saw the other man turn towards them as well. Julius stood and saluted the other man who easily returned the gesture.

"Gentlemen, Lieutenant Colonel William Ryan this is Sergeant Major Julius Lachlan. Behind him is our new friend Harry Potter." Tom said, introducing the two. He knew Harry was listening but he would not push him to say anything or do anything. Will saw a bright green eye peeking out from behind the Sergeant. The boy looked to be about nine or ten years old, with thick messy black hair, tan skin, a large t-shirt that was probably not his, and the most curious lightning bolt scar across his forehead. It branched off the real lightning going almost to his eye.

Will moved towards them to start a conversation with Julius. They talked over previous deployments and where they were stationed. The more they talked the more Harry crawled around to see Will. He slipped into Julius' lap and picked up the toy he was playing with before. Tom had stopped on the way home and gotten him some clothes and a toy each. Kelly had picked the mini mouse stuffed animal. Harry had picked a super soft light brown teddy bear that was wearing a military uniform. He named it Major after his new friend.

He knew that eleven may be too old for some to still get teddies, but this is the first teddy he remembers ever getting and he got it as a gift. He had been carrying it around all day, never really putting it down, as had Kelly with her new teddy. Minnie mouse now lay on the floor next to the coloring books she was using. Julius had been teaching Harry how to play solitaire with a deck of cards Tom had in his office.