Hernandez is Finally Caught

Notes:

sooooooo it has been a long time I am so sorry!!! I got super busy with my new job, my internship and the new project I am working on. Luckily for us part of my job includes sitting in Walmart for 2 hours a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I was able to finish this chapter and start the next!

I will not promise more uploads because I am still busy job coaching most of the time but that client is independent enough for me to just sit in the subway and be there to answer questions leaving me a couple hours to write.

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Mike Franks knew this would be a hard and long week. He had his whole team sit down and gather all the evidence they have. He took it all to the JAG office in order to get a warrant to search the last known residence of Pedro Hernandez. After working in conjunction with Jag and the Mexican government Mike Franks and his team were packing their bags to travel to Mexico. Agent Pride would be staying behind to protect Kelly, Harry and Gibbs along with the Director and the Marines.

The agents jumped on a military charter headed for San Diego where they would then hop in vehicles and drive down to Mexico. They were meeting up with a few members of the Mexican FBI or The Federal Ministerial Police. They were going to be collaborating as the FMP wanted to take down the whole cartel while NCIS only wanted Hernandez for the murder of a federal agent as well as the initial murder and the murder of Shannon Gibbs.

The drive was long with the agents taking turns driving and resting. After two full days travel they made it to the headquarters closest to the location of Hernandez. The FMP had surveillance on the cartel and saw Hernandez arrive back in Mexico. They assumed he was in a safe house by that point so they had some time to connect with the locals and plan. This was not the type of situation you want to go in blind.

Mike and the team arrived eager to complete this and get back to the US so he knows that the kids are safe. They meet in a conference room and map out where the cartel's known safe houses are and where they think others are. The FMP had a confidential informant on the inside who gave them what he could. He was lower ranking and did not have access to everything. The map was laid out and the team coordinated with the local police to do a quick drive by each one and report on activity in the area.

NIS would be going to the last known location of Hernandez and execute the warrant they have to search the residency. The FMP would coordinate with the local police and create a report of activity then determine the best place to search first. This was going to be a big production between NIS, FMP and the local police, leading to many arrests and finally some cold cases being closed for the FMP and police. Mike Franks, Dan McLane and Felix Betts jumped in the car with an agent from the FMP Agent Melanie Romero. They all grabbed their tactical vests, an extra gun was strapped on and their radios linked to the FMP channel.

Mike and Felix went to the front door while Dan and Melanie went to the back door. Mike knocked on the door and waited a few minutes. When nobody answered the door they picked the lock and made entrance. They went through clearing the whole house as they went. Mike and Felix cleared the first floor while Dan and Melanie cleared the basement. They worked together to clear the second floor.

Mike swung into a room where he found a computer and a hatch in the ceiling. He had Felix and Melanie going through the computer while he and Dan went up to the attic. He dropped down the latter attached to the door and drew his gun climbing up quickly. Dan clicks on a flashlight and hands it to Mike when he gets high enough to look through. He spots what looks like a whole room of weapons, everything from automatic machine guns, grenades and even a rocket launcher in the corner. He scans the room and does not see anybody so he makes his way further into the room. There is a table in the middle with a map of target locations. He quickly takes it in and pulls out his radio to call it in. He will grab the camera from his bag when they go back out and take pictures of everything.