The Interviews

Because someone was upset I did not expand the last chapter, here is an example of how the interviews went.

Notes:

Another chapter is also going to be posted right after this.

Chapter Text

Because someone got mad, I did not expand on the last chapter.

A group of eleven individuals sat around the conference table in the director's office. The table was able to seat up to 22 people with ten chairs on each side and the two on the ends. On one side sat Harry, Kelly, Jackson and the marines who accompanied them. On the other was Tom, Ducky, Mike Franks, Dan McLane, Felix Betts and Dwayne Pride, the team of agents investigating the crash and resulting escape Harry and Kelly were part of.

After introductions were made, they began the interviews. Because none of them were suspects in anything they took them to a couple conference rooms where they would ask questions and then have them write down their whole statements.

In conference room 1, Mike Franks sat down with Jackson Gibbs. In conference room two Agent Dan McLane sat down with First Sergeant Brent Ruiz. Conference room three had Agent Felix Betts with Master Sergeant Dan Cayson. And lastly in conference room four Agent Dwayne Pride sat down with Sergeant Major Julius Lachlan. Each of the interviews went fairly similar.

"Good afternoon. My name is Mike Franks, and I am the Agent in Charge of the case involving Shannon Gibbs, Kelly Gibbs and Special Agent Kurt Mitchell. I am going to ask you a few questions and then ask that you write a detailed report of the events as you remember them." Mike said starting the interview.

"Okay" Jackson easily agreed. He knew that he had nothing to be afraid of as he was not a suspect.

"Please state your name for the record." Mike said. Getting ready to take notes on a notepad.

"Jackson Gibbs" was the immediate answer.

"When did you first get involved in the case?" Mike asked.

"I was closing my general store up in Stillwater Pennsylvania for the day, taking last stock when I heard the door open. I looked to see two children, the boy holding a little girl standing in the doorway. Young Harry asked me if I was in fact Jackson Gibbs, father to Leroy Jethro and grandfather to Kelly. When I answered in confirmation, he looked relieved and asked to go somewhere to talk. I held Kelly as we walked back to my house where Harry explained what happened to me. I was not sure what to do because while the children clearly needed medical help, they were running from something and did not feel safe. I did not know if taking them in public would put them in danger again, so I called the Marine base my son was stationed out of before he was deployed overseas." Jackson said.

"Is that when the Marines you arrived with came onto the case" Mike asked. Writing down everything he needed, even some questions to ask on the side.

"Yes, Sergeant Major Julius Lachlan answered the phone and made the trip out with two others for help. He called NIS for help as well leading to your director Tom Morrow and medical examiner Donald Mallard to arrive. Doctor Mallard checked the children and recommended we bring them to the hospital. We went to the local hospital where the kids were assessing and treated. Following that we drove back here to the office." Jackson said.

"Okay just one more question. Do you know why the children came to you?" Mike asked, partly out of curiosity and partly because it was needed for the report.

"I am Kelly's grandfather. She knew that NIS was supposed to protect her and when the agent was killed, she did not know if she could still trust the agency. To an eight-year-old making a decision full of adrenalin, she went to who she felt was safe and that was family." Jackson said, very proud of his granddaughter. She had trusted him enough to help her when she was scared, hurt and alone with another child. Harry may be almost twelve, but he was still a child and one who barely looks older than Kelly herself.

All along the hall the interviews were going similarly. Julius added his adventure chasing Harry and calming him down. He added in the call he had made to Lieutenant Colonel William Ryan, Jethro Gibbs commanding officer in the field. The two other marines added their orders to follow Julius to Stillwater and help with protection as needed. They did not have as much information at first.

Mike left the room to check on the others while Jackson wrote out his full statement, leaving nothing out. He knew his friend LJ would likely be called in as well. He wondered when his own would be there, knowing Kelly needed her Daddy more than anything right now.