«Prologue»

————————
«She opened her mouth in a scream the moment shouts sounded close by in the cold sky»

 ————————«She opened her mouth in a scream the moment shouts sounded close by in the cold sky»

————————

«A THICK FOGG HUNG in the open field close to Dragon Stone. the moon was shimmering high up in the sky although little of it could be seen.

A cold grim breeze blew its way across the plain only to be interrupted by a short cry made by an owl. A strange atmosphere hung over the field. It reeked of blood and terror.

Not much later, a figure appeared from the mist. It ran as fast as it could half stumbling across the hills. After it ran out of the thick layers of fog one could tell it was a young woman running for her life.

Her hair was stuck together by a layer of dried sticky blood, her dress half torn to pieces, but perhaps still partly whole. Stumbling over her own feet, she ran on until she collapsed on the ground panting. Her hands were shaking, her eyes tearful with pain and hatred, and here and there a hefty scratch could be seen on her body. She scrambled back onto her feet, glancing around the dark foggy field in fear.

Heavy steps could be heard from within the fog, big sturdy boots taking steps through the damp grass. The young woman turned with a jerk, her once white hair now waved a red color over her shoulders. She winced at the pain coming from between her legs before spitting out a drop of blood.

A man now appeared from the mist, at first only a vague form was visible until he showed himself fully. He stood at the top of the hill before being followed by his companion.  "You cannot escape us princess! There is nowhere to run to!" His voice was hoarse, raspy and nasty. The pair descended toward the bottom.

Visenya stood trembling on her legs as she tried her best to stay upright. Her purple eyes stared ahead.

"Do you hear us?!" the man repeated tauntingly and yelling. "Come to us right now and maybe we'll be more careful next round."

That elicited a chuckle from his companion. "Perhaps we will, yes."

Visenya closed her eyes.
please, please, please, please!!!

Slap

With a thump, she landed on the ground after the man slapped her hard against her face only to grab her by her throat and lift her up again. His fierce eyes looked at her furiously. "I told you, escaping is of no use, there is no one here for you. Not your father, not anyone!"

His grip around her throat tightened and Visenya gasped for air. She stared into her assailant's eyes. She opened her mouth but it felt dry, she was unable to utter any word.

"Lost your tongue?" the companion asked her with a sly grin on his face. He let a hand slide down her thigh.

Visenya closed her eyes before grabbing the hand that was around her throat with two hands. Soft rustling sounded in the air. She imagined the golden scales. The warm golden scales.

She received another slap to her face. " He was asking you something, whore."

She bit her lip in pain, images of the two men bent over her flashed inside her mind before she saw the golden scales again. Far away above in the sky, a short cry sounded.

The two men looked up startled. But it remained silent, nothing happened. With a dirty grin, the older man turned back to look down at her. "Hoping for that dirty dragon of yours?" he sneered. "Newsflash, it's not coming to your rescue."

Visenya opened her eyes with a sigh and looked straight into her rapist's eyes. With one hand she grasped his and tightened her grip. "What do you think you're doing?" the man hissed at her. A faint grin appeared on her lips as her face contorted in pain.

She opened her mouth in a scream the moment shouts sounded close by in the cold sky that the Night brought with it. The flapping of wings filled the silence that had earlier played out around them.

She fixed her eyes on the dark sky until she met Sharp green ones.

"Dracarys!"

The Words left her mouth in a whisper, but loud enough to be heard.

With a loud roar, a large golden female dragon plunged straight out of the fog and onto the man's companion in a matter of seconds.

The man let out a horrified cry as his friend got thrown into the air with a scream of pain after the dragon, named Celeste, pierced her claws into his shoulders. The golden dragon hurled the man into the sky above her with a raging cry, jerking off one of his arms, before a sea of fire erupted from her mouth: burning the man alive.

The man's cries were hushed within seconds as except of ashes; nothing remained of him. His remaining dislodged arm however fell to the ground with a thump right next to Visenya, and the man still holding her throat let go of her startled before scrabbling backward; his eyes locked on the bleeding arm that once had belonged to his companion.

With a roar, Celeste dropped down right next to her rider and hovered over her. Making it impossible for the man to reach the Princess in case he would try to make a move.

A furious scream left the golden dragon's mouth which sent the man's hair flying backwards. With eyes full of fear, the man watched as the dragon screamed her lungs out at him before Celeste picked up her rider, threw the targaryen on her back and disappeared into the dark night with one quick slap of her spread out golden wings.

As they flew away and Visenya clung to her dragon, never having been so relieved to see her golden scales, she cast another glance over her shoulder at the man below who was trying to make his way out.

The last thing she saw and heard before closing her eyes was the head of a fire-red blood wyrm appearing out of the thick fog and releasing a terrifying roar before it flew toward the man after a brief command from its rider at which point a blackness overtook Visenya, she felt herself fade away as Celeste flew her back to Dragon Stone. »

———END OF PROLOGUE———