Six «Unexpected Hatchlings»

———————————
"Meraxes & Moonfyre"
———————————

———————————"Meraxes & Moonfyre"———————————

———————————
SIX
———————————

When Visenya woke up again, the pain she had felt in her abdomen had dissapeared. She no longer felt the throbbing and slicing pain she had earlier that day. The warmth had gone too. At least, she could feel less warmth. It felt rather soft. She slowly opened her eyes and carefully pushed the two dragon eggs out of her way. Slightly suprised by the amount of scales she felt.

She'd place them back in the firepit as soon as possible. But it wasn't the absence of the warmth of the dragoneggs that had awoken her. Throughout the corridors, she could hear yelling. She recognised the two voices as her father's and ser Erryk's. Once again, they were fighting over the last few months. Her father had been angry at her sworn-protector for several weeks now after ser Erryk had started to spend more time with his twinbrother, ser Arryk, at the Red Keep. Leaving Visenya behind, eventhough she had agreed to it. Claiming she didn't need protection inside the walls of Dragonstone. Daemon however, seemed to think otherwise.

She could also, but vaguely, hear her step-mothers voice as she tried to calm down her husband.

Visenya pushed away the sheets and her feet met something sharp. She flinced and quickly stepped aside only to find a broken white spot lying on the floor. As she carefully bend down to grab it, her eyes met some sort of scale laying further away from her reach. Visenya took a soft breath. She reached for it. It was a scale. A golden broken scale. And it wasn't alone.

Visenya slowly turned around to glance at the floor in front of her bed. Several black scales lay on the ground. Underneath them she could make out white and golden colors.

Then, all of a sudden, realization hit her. It couldn't be.. 
She stood up again and carefully reached for the sheets on her bed. As she held them, she tried to reassure her heartbeart. And then she slowly pulled the sheets away.

"Seven hells.." the words left her mouth in a soft whisper. She couldn't believe her eyes. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. She hadn't expected this to actually happen. And not so soon too. A small spiny white as snow figure lay curled up just beneath where her stomach had been earlier. It was tiny, rather fragile but seemed to have strong white spinal plates. In fact, her whole body seemed to be as white as snow. On her forehead where 2 small horns on the left and right side of her face. Behind them were two lager white horns, one one her left side, one on her right side.

As Visenya carefully sat down on the bed as she still couldn't believe what had happend; the new-born slowly lifted its head, blinking the sleep out of her eyes as she opened them. They were bright and purple.
They reminded her of her own purple eyes. Visenya slowly reached out with a hand as the creature glanced up at her with sleepy eyes. "Hi," Visenya whispered softly as the tiny dragon rubbed its head against her hand. Visenya then caressed the creature carefully. She could hear it purr. A soft smile appeared on visenya's lips. Which stiffened once she felt another head rub against her back.