Two «The Heir Of Driftmark »

———————————————

"Should you ever find yourself training with him, feel free to slit his throat."

———————————————

———————————————

Side by side, Baela and Visenya walked from the dragonpit on their way back to the palace of dragonstone. Around Visenya's shoulder hung an empty pouch. They had just been in Visenya's chambers where they had placed the eggs safely in her heated fireplace.

Both of them had not yet informed anyone about the two eggs. They simply walked down the corridors with their arms crossed and down the stairs to the bottom as of nothing had happend earlier that morning.

"Do you think they will hatch?" asked Baela as her brown eyes slid around. They carefully walked down another set of stairs. Visenya shrugged her shoulders. "To be honest, I have no idea. mother, Laena, always told us that half of them never actually hatch.." She hooked her arm further into Baela's. "I'm just relieved that they're in a safe guarded place now, not somewhere in a cold and smelly abandoned field."

Baela chuckled. "Just say it like it is; the idea of having more dragons excites you."

Visenya turned her head away with a smile. "Okay fine, Baela, The idea of having more dragons excites me. But so what; they deserve a better place."

"Indeed they do." Her sister seemed to wander off, and she stopped her stride when both saw their father walking a short distance away. "I'll leave that one to you." she whispered to Visenya before unhooking her arm and walking back up the steps after giving her father a nod.

"Yeah, thanks for the encouragement." Visenya grinned after her before carefully walking down the steps toward Daemon. Her father looked at her with a welcoming smile. "And where have you all been this morning, my jewel?" He waited quietly until she was almost downstairs. "You have not flown an extra round on Caraxes, have you?"

Visenya chuckled and smiled back before taking his arm, which he had reached out to help her down, as they walked through the corridors. "No father." she spoke. "It's in fact something you wouldn't have expected on a day like this."

"Hm, after this morning nothing seems surprising to me." was her father's reply. Visenya's eyes slid to a small letter he was holding and had rolled up in his right hand. "A letter? From whom if I may ask?" she asked politely.

Daemon let out a sigh before they turned a corner toward DragonStone's throne room. "Your sister Rhaena, with news from Driftmark." he told her. "But do me a favor and don't tell anyone yet. Rhaenyra has yet to hear the message."