«A crown for the King »

A/N:
Happy late Merry Christmas! After this chapter, the 'good' stuff will begin

——————————————

"You want me to become your Second wife?"

——————————————

"Allow it?" The king let out a grunt as the room fell in a loud silence. Visenya glanced annoyed at Vaemond Velaryon, the man who just couldn't accept his loss and move on.

Can someone just shut him up already?

King Viserys had just announced that Lucerys should stay as the heir to driftmark with the support of Visenya's grandmother: Rhaenys Targaryen. The woman had supported Princess Rhaenyra after hearing her proposal to marry Jacaerys to Baela and Lucerys to Rhaena. Which came as a shock to both Jacaerys and Visenya. Who were not sure why Rhaenyra didn't think of allowing them to marry each other. Visenya knew Jacaerys loved her, and she didn't like all the male attention she was getting. So marrying her bestfriend would've been the perfect solution. But now he would get married to someone else. Her other best friend and sister in fact, Baela Velaryon.

"Do not forget yourself Vaemond." Viserys warned her old-uncle. Meanwhile, beside Visenya, her father let out an irritated sigh as he watched Vaemond stare at his king in pure rage before pointing towards Lucerys. "THAT is no true Velaryon!" He exclaimed angrily. "And certainly no nephew of mine!"

Lucerys glanced up at the man in horror only to have Rhaena grab his arm, giving him a supportive smile and nudge, and having Visenya stare at the man as if looks could kill. Which she wished that they would.
So it was no wonder that also Rhaenyra stepped in to defend her son from being accused.

"Go to your chambers." She spoke to all her children before turning toward Vaemond Velaryon. "You have said enough."

"Lucerys is my trueborn grandson," Added king Viserys. "And you are no more than the Second Son of Driftmark."

Which caused both Visenya and Daemon to snicker. However: their grins dissapeared like snow under a burning sun the moment Vaemond went on. "You may run your house as you see fit." The Velaryon went on with a hiss. "But you will not decide the future of mine! My house survived the doom! And a thousand tribulations besides! And Gods be damned.."

He gazed back at Visenya's half-brother Lucerys Velaryon. "I will NOT see it ended on the account of this b-" He seemed to be able to stop himself just in time.

But Visenya already knew what he was about to say. Everyone knew. A brief silence fell across the Throne room.

And then. Finally. Daemon had enough of it. He glared coldly at the Velaryon, challenging him. "Say it." Her father dared him with a whisper causing Vaemond to glance at him mockingly. Visenya looked up at her father, searching in his eyes for some sort of permission, permission to make a scene.