Retaliation - Happy

Description: Happy's old lady is Jax's sister, so when Clay gets shot in Season 4, they go to the hospital together.

I was half asleep on Happy's shoulder when his phone rang. Between the club and the cartel and Tara and Gemma, Happy and I haven't gotten much time alone together. I guess tonight wasn't our night either. He sounded worried as he told whoever it was that had called he'd be on his way.

"Baby, hey, we gotta go to the hospital," Hap said, shaking my shoulders a little as he stood up. He pulled his boots and hoodie back on before grabbing my shoes and moving to help me put them on.

"What's going on?"

"Clay was shot. That's all Chibs knew," he said. I nodded as he helped me put my boots on. I slid into a hoodie and he led me out to his bike.

When we pulled up to the hospital Tig and Chibs were already waiting with Unser. Happy went to talk to them and I went to sit down in the corner. I sighed a little and curled in on myself. My stepfather had been shot. Who would do that? Other than me? Trust me there are days I'd like to have been the one on the other end of the gun. He put all us Tellers through unnecessary Hell, and right now he was doing it to the club too. The cartel shit was far too much for our guys to handle. They were gun runners not mules yet Clay couldn't help but chase the fucking money.

Happy looked back at me, the worry evident in his eyes. Jax walked into the room, clearly not okay. His eyes took the room in quickly and when they landed on me he ran over and squatted in front of me.

"This was black retaliation for something. We'll get their heads on a silver platter," he said. He was lying but I didn't care so I just nodded. I couldn't fight with him tonight.

"You okay?" I asked. He nodded and pulled me into a hug. He kissed the top of my head before walking over to the guys.

They talked some more with Jax, filling him in on stuff. When they finished up Happy came and sat with me, allowing me to lay on him as we waited to hear if Clay was going to be okay. My mom ran in shortly after Jax and a few of the guys talked to her and Unser but Happy just sat with me, holding my hand as I tried to sleep.

I dozed off here and there, not really getting any sleep. When they brought Clay out of surgery and into the ICU, my dear mother sent us all home. Happy was fine with that, but he only had a few hours left before the club needed him again.

When we got home, we headed straight for our bed. Happy wrapped me up in his arms and was almost asleep when I sighed loudly. It was an accident. I'd gotten too far into my own head.

"What's wrong?" Hap asked, not bothering to move or open his eyes.

"Jax said it was black retaliation. I think he's lying."

"Call Tig. He took off. Clay had asked him to stick around the garage as an extra set of eyes and he told him no. Taking it hard."

I reached for my phone on the nightstand and called Tig but he didn't answer. I left him a voicemail but something felt like it was too late. Whatever he was planning was in motion and unstoppable.

"Stop worrying about the club and sleep," Hap said.

"I can't help it. You're all my family."

"Babe," he said. "Sleep."

I sighed and cuddled closer to him, hoping that things would be okay.