Practice - Tig

Description: Piney's daughter returns to Charming after years of being gone with her son in tow. Tig instantly takes a liking to her.

"Piermont," I said as I pulled into the Teller Morrow lot and parked the car. My four year old son was asleep in his car seat.

I got out of the car and walked around, opening the back door and waking him.

"Tired," he said.

"Come on kid," I said. "We're gonna go find grandpa."

"I'm tired," he said.

"I know buddy," I said. He finally gave in and got out of the car, taking my hand and dragging his feet.

"Can I help ya Miss?" A dark haired man asked.

"Tig?" I asked. It'd been a long time since I saw him. He lifted his sun glasses and it was definitely him.

"Do I know you?"

"Yeah, I hope so. (Y/N) Winston," I said. "This is my son Piermont."

"PJ," he protested. He liked that better than his name.

"Well PJ, it's very nice to meet you," Tig said, holding his hand out. PJ took it and shook his hand once.

"Good strong handshake. That's important in life PJ," Tig said.

"Mama makes me practice," PJ said.

"Cause it's important baby," I said. "Now let's go find your grandfather and uncle."

"Opie hasn't been around much."

I looked at Tig. "Yeah, Donna's really laying into him about earning straight."

Tig nodded. "It's not good for him ya know."

"Yes I do know. I just can't raise my brother right now too."

He nodded. "Let's go find Piney."

I took PJ's hand and led him into the clubhouse as Tig and I made small talk.

Sure enough my father was sitting at the bar with the bottle of tequila in front of him.

"Piney, look who I found outside," Tig said.

"Baby, and my grandson," Piney said. I hugged my dad before he picked PJ up and sat him in his lap.

"Piney can I borrow her a minute?" Tig asked. My father was so engrossed in talking to my son that it didn't really matter.

"What's up?" I asked as we walked a little ways away.

"What brings you back?"

"I just couldn't do it alone anymore. His dad left when he was like six months old. Decided one day that being a parent was too much and just left us both."

"I'm sorry baby. You're doing great with him."

My eyes watered a little.

"Thanks," I said, smiling at him.

"Can I take you out sometime?"

"Um yeah, it might have to wait til I find a babysitter though," I said.

"Bring him too," Tig said. "Where are you staying at?"

"The apartments on Second Street," I said. He nodded.

"Why don't I pick you two up tonight at 6?"

"Why don't I meet you somewhere? Can't put the kid on a bike."

He nodded again. "Or I could grab some takeout and come to your place?"

"Yeah, that could work," I said. "Let me give you my number and we'll figure out details."

He took his phone out and handed it to me. I gave him my number and returned to PJ and my dad.

"What was that about?"

"Just asked me to dinner," I said. "He's gonna bring takeout to the apartment."

"That a good idea?"

PJ climbed off my dads lap and I picked him up.

"We'll see," I said. "But I think so."

"PJ, wanna go check out my motorcycle?" Tig asked.

PJ looked up at me. "Can I Mama?"

"Yes, but only for a few minutes. We've gotta go home soon."

PJ agreed and I sat him down, kissing his head before Tig took his hand and led him outside.

"When did Trager get so good with kids?"

My dad sighed a little. "I won't go into too much but his childhood was traumatic. Then Connie took his girls away too young."

I nodded a little as I watched Tig on the surveillance monitors above the bar. He was standing next to his bike, holding PJ as he sat on the seat.

"Tig will be good for you two," Piney said.

"Yeah I know."

"I know you didn't want to be part of the club again baby, but it'll protect you if you let it."

"Like it did for Opie?"

"He's safe."

"He still did time. I can't handle my partner inside. I don't know how Donna did."

"Cross that bridge when you get to it, not now."

I nodded and hugged him. "I love you Pops. I'm glad I'm home."

"Me too."

"I'm gonna take PJ home and get him settled in."

Piney nodded and I headed off getting my son back from Tig and taking him home.