Craigh na Dun - Chibs

My friend made me start watching Outlander so this is sort of like Outlander in reverse. Also I'm only in season 2 so if you've seen it and have information that I do not I apologize.

Description: While in Ireland, Chibs meets a Scottish woman who seems to have fallen forward through time.

"The Americans will be here any second," Maureen said, shooing me further down the hall to help her prepare the rooms for the men.

"Aye, you've said tha'," I said as I took the clean towels to the bathroom. She was worried cause the last American here, she'd slept with.

I looked at myself in the mirror, still not loving the way Maureen and her daughter made me dress. I knew there had to be options out there for things that felt more comfortable and like a corset than this.

Maureen called for me and I returned to her, wiping my hands on the rough denim material of my pants.

"I heard ya," I said as I walked into the kitchen. She was yelling at myself and her daughter for help with dinner when Father Ashby walked in with McGee and a group of men that had to be the Americans.

We all froze as Father Ashby made quick work of introductions.

"Dinner will be ready shortly," I said.

"You're a Scot?" The one they called Bobby said.

"Aye," I said as another man walked in.

"That is Chibs. Chibs this is (Y/N)," Bobby said as people were breaking up into smaller groups and talking about plans and sleeping arrangements and such. I could tell there was tension between Maureen and the American woman Gemma from clear across the room.

"Pleasure to meet ya lass," he said.

"Aye, the pleasure is mine," I said.

He looked up from the ground and met my eyes. "A fellow Scot in Ireland?" I was shocked at the Gaelic that left his lips and responded with the language. I told him that I'd been brought to SAMBEL for some paperwork I needed and they took me in.

"And we've lost him for good," Bobby said as Chibs and I continued our conversation in Gaelic. It wasn't everyday I got to use my native language so I would take every chance I got.

"What part of Scotland ya from lass?"

I froze. I technically didn't know the name for it anymore. Before I would've just said Lallybroch.

"Everywhere and nowhere," I said.

"I doubt tha'," he said.

"Ever heard of Inverness?" I asked.

"Aye," he said.

"Thereabouts I suppose," I said. He accepted the answer as Maureen was yelling at me.

"I ken what I'm doing," I said.

She glared at me and I glared back.

"If you'll excuse me," I said to the men around me and I went to the bathroom, running some water to splash on my face.

A knock on the door scared me but I pulled it open and Chibs stood on the other side.

"What's happened to ya lass?"

"It's not anything to worry yourself over," I said.

"Lass," he said.

"Chibs, I will be quite alright," I said.

"Craigh na Dun," he said.

"Ya ken it?"

"Just the legends," he said. "Beautiful women traveling through time."

I froze. I wanted to play it off but how could I?

"Legends of druids and faeries," he said. "Made up to justify drunk old bastards hurtin women."

I nodded and relaxed.

"Aye, I suppose so," I said. "What made you bring it up?"

"It's not far from Inverness," he said with a shrug.

Someone was calling for Chibs but he ignored them.

"Lass, are you enjoying it here?"

"Not as much as Scotland," I said.

"Aye, rains too much," he said. I laughed a little and relaxed. "We should get to know each other a bit before I go back."

"I would enjoy that," I said.

"If ya ever need outta the rain, California is nice," he said.

"California?" I asked.

"In America," he said. "It's in the west. Sunny all the time."

"Sounds nice," I said.

He nodded and took my hand in his gently.

"We should probably get to dinner, but after will ya share a drink with me?"

"Aye," I said. He kissed my head and we returned to the kitchen.